National Geographic Media is the publisher of National Geographic's signature content, breathtaking photography, iconic magazine, and unsurpassed social media presence. This team is responsible for engaging our audience with fantastic storytelling and pulling them into a recurring revenue relationship with Nat Geo. The Nat Geo Media team covers everything on the consumer journey, from print, digital, social, and audio content creation, generating awareness through social and newsletters, acquisition, and retention marketing, print operations, international licensing, and digital platforms. Nat Geo Media aims to become the largest publisher for everyone passionate about exploring the world and learning how to care for it.
The National Geographic Video and Immersives Department produces engaging, highly visual, interactive video content across multiple platforms. The team is made up of motivated and creative producers and editors with a shared passion for innovative visual storytelling, a mobile-first approach, and the National Geographic brand.
The Senior Producer, Video will develop and produce short-form social-first video for distribution on existing and emerging social media and digital platforms (TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook).
The Senior Producer, Video will be a creative team player who has a passion for and understanding of social media platforms, and the ability to produce highly engaging social videos that align with National Geographic's core topic areas, from our planet's land, oceans and wildlife to human history and cultures to scientific advances and outer space. This role requires both the ability to develop clever creative ideas and the technical skills to bring these ideas to life. The Senior Producer will be responsible for the creative development of ideas, overseeing production, producing edits, final asset delivery – and everything in between.
The ideal candidate is highly creative with a contemporary sense of style and aesthetics, superb storytelling skills, a keen understanding of what works on social media, well established relationships with creators, and proven experience producing videos that drive views and engagement on social media.
This role reports directly to the Director of Video and Immersives.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Develop, oversee, and produce short-form video for our social media and digital platforms, including research, budget recommendation, develop shot list, write scripts, produce shoots, direct talent, editing, and post-production; ensure editorial and visual consistency across platforms; ensure production is executed efficiently, on budget, and meets deadlines and deliverables; collaborate closely with audience teams and internal stakeholders on story promotion, audience feedback, and analytics; own shooting and editing style for key video franchises.
• Scout, vet, assign, and manage freelance and contract contributors, including identifying and recruiting new and emerging talent.
• Mentor junior producers to develop and produce social video that follows the established tone and approach.
• Stay informed on social media landscape and trends; use findings to drive better production; contribute to and execute social strategy.
• BA required, preferred in journalism or communications
• Minimum of 5 years of professional experience producing video content; bonus points for experience creating explainer-style videos, or with a focus on content about science, history, animals, or travel
• Keen understanding of the social media landscape, existing and emerging, including TikTok and Instagram
• Comfortable analyzing social metrics; an analytical thinker when it comes to social strategy; experience developing social and digital audiences
• Proven ability to collaborate with team, and ability to oversee freelance videographers, graphic artists, and producers
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and video editing
• Familiarity with a variety of video equipment (camera rigs, microphones, lighting, mounting)
• A keen sense of pacing and style that has a social media sensibility; a strong visual sensibility
• Resourceful and a troubleshooter; able to foresee problems before they arise and seek creative solutions on the spot
• Supremely organized and able to tackle multiple projects at once
• An eagerness to experiment and try new things is required
This position is with National Geographic Partners PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call ABC.
National Geographic Partners PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8pnpm-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.