Sr. Manager, Content Operations - Order Management
Disney Streaming Services (''DSS'') is part of The Walt Disney Company's (TWDC) Distribution Media & Entertainment Distribution division (DMED). DMED brings together the Company's best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DSS is responsible for the operation of the Company's existing direct-to-consumer streaming services Disney+ and ESPN+, and Star+ which will launch in Latin America in June 2021. DSS aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
DSS Legal is part of the Legal Department of TWDC and provides legal advice to the business regarding product development, direct-to-consumer business operations, technology, content and performance marketing, and content distribution. DSS is searching for a senior paralegal to assist with matters related to marketing and clearances. This position requires exceptional organizational skills, an unwavering attention to detail and deadlines, drafting and negotiating expertise, acumen in legal issue spotting, and constant, effective communication with both internal clients and third parties in a fast-paced environment.
The Senior Paralegal for DSS will:
• Report to DSS Legal's Principal Counsel
• Draft and negotiate agreements, amendments and other legal documentation with ad agencies and other creatives in connection with the creation of marketing and promotional materials for the Company's streaming services, typically within very short time frames.
• Draft and negotiate agreements with vendors and locations in connection with event marketing.
• Review existing agreements to analyze rights and restrictions, and deliver such information to clients in a clear, concise manner.
• Maintain various departmental charts and input information into databases on a daily basis.
• Update and train clients regarding relevant internal processes and protocols.
• Help with special projects as assigned.
• Supervise and train one junior paralegal.
• Must have at least seven years of legal experience, preferably in the marketing and/or production field (law school graduates will be considered).
• The ability to track and meet all relevant deadlines and follow up as appropriate.
• Familiarity with marketing, advertising and production agreements.
• The ability to multitask.
• Fast learner with excellent client service, including project ownership from start to finish.
• The ability to spot and distinguish legal issues versus non-legal issues in legal paperwork.
• Strong analytical skills including the ability to identify and analyze issues and devise solutions and strategies.
• Strong understanding of contracts with the ability to draft contract language and to integrate business points into contracts.
• Detail-oriented with strong grammatical and proofreading skills.
• Conceptual thinker with excellent judgment.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• The ability to take direction and offer relevant solutions as needed.
• Initiative and attention to detail.
• Excellent oral, written, proof-reading and listening skills.
• An ability to independently manage one's workload but to ask for assistance when needed.
• Team player.
• Holds him/herself and others accountable for results.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other office-related software.
• Bachelor's degree and/or qualification to be a paralegal by certification or education and work experience as set forth by the American Bar Association and any applicable state codes.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gken50-3-236-212-116-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.