Senior Manager - Product Management - Global Expansion
New York, NY
The International Expansion team is seeking an enthusiastic team member for the position of Senior Manager, International Expansion, based in NYC. The ideal candidate is an experienced product professional, well versed in all aspects of bringing new products and services to market, including but not limited to, product and business strategy, end-to-end product management, operational setup and efficiencies, stakeholder management. This individual will partner with, and lead, cross-functional teams to bring Disney products to new regions, as well as to identify and execute on strategic opportunities that drive both local and global metrics. The successful candidate will be an ambitious self-starter with proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, a strategic mindset, broad business experience, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced, competitive start-up environment. This person will report to the Director of International Expansion and will manage Senior Product Managers
• You will lead international efforts to identify growth opportunities across Disney's products and services, in partnership with internal DSS teams and international stakeholders
• You will drive strategic business decisioning to bring to fruition ''the most hyper local'' SVOD products in market
• You will utilize deep product knowledge and focused data analysis to execute on the opportunities that you identify and deliver both global and local wins
• You will collaborate cross functionally with the legal, business, marketing, program management, design, engineering, and product teams to launch new products and services in new markets large and small
• You will create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria
• You will identify, gather, and drive consensus among all required groups across the company when trying to accomplish larger goals. You resolve blockers in other teams to move forward
• You will disseminate knowledge as widely as possible across your team and look for opportunities to take that knowledge to other groups
• You will manage and mentor Senior Product Managers who are responsible for both tactical and strategic expansion work
• 10+ years' experience of hands-on product strategy and management, preferably in international markets.
• Strong business acumen and deep understanding of how to drive and measure KPIs
• Track record identifying growth opportunities using data to effect a net positive outcome
• Comfortable in the C suite, presenting and making the case for strategic positions and product decisions
• Experience partnering closely with product/design/engineering in a complex matrixed organization
• A strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Successful in times of ambiguity and can create clarity from chaos
• Flexible in an ever-changing environment
• Fosters an action oriented, values-based and purpose driven work culture
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq82nx-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.