New York, NY
This role is a part of the Devices and Distribution (D&D) team, a growing product organization within Disney Streaming Services that is focused on leveraging and shaping the rapidly growing landscape of consumer devices.
The D&D charter is to:
• Deliver broad subscriber reach on existing and new consumer devices
• Accelerate international growth for our services by leveraging global distribution partnerships and integrated marketing, promotion and payment opportunities.
• Drive a quality, localized experience for international users.
• Innovate on the user, device and partner lifecycle to drive incremental discovery, signup, engagement and retention.
• Influence the evolution of partner platform roadmaps to benefit and support our rich user experiences
As the Senior Manager, Product Management - Distribution Platforms, your job is to build and lead a team of scaling experts within the D&D product organization, with the mission to:
• Develop and execute a multi-year product roadmap for integrating Disney streaming services into service offerings from TV, Internet and Mobile operators worldwide.
• Build and operate a suite of self-service tools to enable external distribution partners to bring a ''long tail'' of devices to market, integrated with our services, with integrated marketing, promotions, and payments.
• Ensure a consistent user experience by certifying that product requirements are satisfied, primarily through automated workflows.
• Help streamline partner lifecycle management across all teams in the company.
• Enable a centralized device source-of-truth, lifecycle management, and reporting systems.
• Implement a global partner and device lifecycle management system and leverage process automation for business rules and to monitor exceptions.
In success, you would have stood up a team and a roadmap that ensures we reach customers via operators of TV, mobile, and Internet services, with a highly integrated content discovery, sign-up, payment, and sign-in experience, and a quality experience throughout their usage lifetime. Over the long term, these same partner tools and reporting capabilities will be used for all devices and all partners, beyond just TV, mobile and Internet service providers. Altogether this would result in material positive business impact, as measured in incremental subscribers and revenue.
• You have led international product roadmaps and device integration projects in the Pay TV or Wireless/wired operator domain at a senior manager scope.
• You are experienced at negotiating global product requirements and integrations with partners.
• You have knowledge of, and experience with, business process automation, data management, CRM/PLM implementation and test automation.
• You are adept at user-centric and data-driven design and navigating trade-offs.
• You have worked with device manufacturers and/or service operators to deliver consumer devices or products (B2B2C).
• You have collaborated effectively with engineering and have defined technical requirements.
• Ideally you have previously worked on streaming video, music, or entertainment products.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.