Sr. Storage Engineer
New York, NY
The Partner Analytics team are the operational analytics partner for the product and engineering teams developing Disney Streaming Services integrations around the world. They focus on improving both data fidelity and customer experiences at critical inflection points in the customer journey on Disney+ and ESPN+ through measurement, analysis, and insight generation.
The Senior Manager, Partner Analytics leads a team focused on developing high fidelity integrations with partners and a holistic understanding of performance and engagement. Their team will support the onboarding of new partners across subscriber acquisition and engagement experiences. They will be responsible for partnering across the organization to develop methodologies to measure how well a partner is performing against expectations. This team plays a critical role connecting various stakeholders that play a role in growing the Disney+ and ESPN+ platforms to create a unified view of customer growth and behavior.
• Partner Integration Design: Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure integration design enables holistic understanding and reporting Disney+ and ESPN+ subscriber behavior.
• Business Performance Reporting, Visualization, and Regression Management: Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand performance of partner integrations. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that help the business performance improve or double-down on success.
• Deep-Dive Analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content through partner integrations.
• Forecasting, and Opportunity Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this role will be tasked with forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs in different approaches and create targets for driving business performance.
• Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
• Leadership & Mentoring: Recruit and mentor staff to build a world-class data team
• 2+ years leadership experience (includes people management, mentoring interns, technical leadership, and project management)
• 5+ years of hands-on experience designing, building, and evaluating analytical datasets
• 5+ years of SQL
• Experience and aptitude to deliver high-quality solutions on short timelines
• Have a demonstrated history of translating complex data sets into clear and actionable narratives and communicate opportunities and challenges to stakeholders
• Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience in a subscription business
• Experience within the media entertainment industry is highly desirable and strongly recommended
• Skilled in general ad technology, Customer Data Platforms (CDPs) and Data Management Platforms (DMPs)
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field including Marketing, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Social Science. Graduate degree preferred.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.