Senior Data Governance Analyst, Data Quality - Streaming
New York, NY
Location: Seattle WA - New York NY
We are seeking a Sr. Manager to lead a team of engineers passionate about engineering data strategy & solutions. This role will partner closely across engineering teams to craft and build innovative systems and processes to further improve and harness critical engineering data points. In this role, you will enhance data to improve our understanding of essential engineering systems, playing a key role in the engineering lifecycle and creation of critical data points, solution frameworks, and ultimately products.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to help build and lead a team of software developers. This team is tasked with improving our ability to coordinate and contribute to cross-engineering data processes. We seek to discover opportunities for data innovation and improvements across the engineering space. You will attain a deep understanding of our engineering infrastructure and systems that support our customer-facing products. You will provide hands-on solutions of engineering data to drive intelligence on the health of our services, clients, products, and offerings. You will partner with quality assurance teams to build and deploy scalable frameworks and practices.
• Drive solutions of data approach, including road-mapping, execution, and delivery, with an emphasis on ensuring high-quality processes and scalability
• Lead workload, utilization, and sprint allocation for your team using agile methodologies
• Explore new technologies and innovative ways to improve engineering logging and data measurement, proposing and driving improvements to the engineering stack and roadmap
• Ensure engineering data capabilities are able to provide adequate feedback to developer teams, including those using data points for critical algorithms impacting the customer
• Experience in software engineering, data analysis, solution architect, or similar role (8+ years)
• Experience leading a team (4+ years)
• Familiarity with SDLC processes (GitHub) and config-based deployment practices (YAML, etc.)
• High familiarity with recent innovative data platforms such as Databricks, Jupyter, Snowflake, Datadog, Splunk
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
• 3+ years in the streaming industry, knowledge of client and server-side architecture a plus
• 4+ years of Python, Spark, Pyspark, SQL, or Scala
• BA or BS in a quantitative field (Business, Math/Statistics, Economics, CS, Engineering, or similar) is desired
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5552-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.