QA Analyst - Connected Device Applications
San Francisco, CA
Data is critical for Disney Streaming Services success. To gain and maintain our competitive advantage, we use our data assets to analyze user behavior, engagement and acquisition. To facilitate Data Analytics, we are building a scalable data analytics platform. Data Sharing is how we deliver data governance and data quality at scale for Disney Streaming Services.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager for Data Architecture, to drive data sharing at scale to support our common goal of being more effective and nimble in making the content consumers want most, delivered in the way they prefer to consume it. This leader will build and manage a small team of Data Modelers and Data Architects focused on designing and implementing the scalable cloud data infrastructure to support our broader Data Sharing initiative. This team will partner with various data, marketing and compliance stakeholder teams to scale our existing data infrastructure to support analytics use cases that will enhance our viewer experience and customer relationships. This leader will also grow this core function of our data team in support of our Disney Plus product vision by collaborating across disciplines, identifying and curating new data sources, and protecting our data as a valuable asset.
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders incl. data, marketing, product and engineering
• Architect and accelerate the development of data sharing while protecting the integrity and security of data
• Oversee a roadmap to meet cross functional data needs, building shared goals and project plans
• Communicate the vision and path to successful execution for both peers and executive stakeholders
• Manage and mitigate projects risks, priorities and trade-offs while negotiating buy in to deliver results
• Hire and retain top talent including nurturing their growth by building short and long term career paths
• Lead and manage daily scrum activities with your team, diving deep to help unblock their daily tasks
• Perform design reviews and put mechanisms in place for continually raising the bar for technical skills in the organization
• Partner with stakeholders to establish and support reliable SLAs for key data sets
• Foster culture of high standards for data quality through expansion of frameworks, toolkits, etc.
• Own data models, table designs, and publish sufficient metadata documentation to facilitate rapid data adoption
• Establish processes to instill operational excellence principles for project management, SDLC, data architectural design best practices, scalability, reliability, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in quantitative or analytical field e.g. economics, mathematics, or computer science
• 8+ years of relevant professional experience
• 3+ years in direct people management capacity
• Experience working in highly matrixed and cross functional team environments
• 5+ years' work experience in building data warehousing environments. Strong background of data modeling principles including Dimensional modeling, data normalization principles etc.
• 5 + years' experience using analytic SQL, working with traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems such as Snowflake, BigQuery, Azure, Redshift
• 2+ years of experience programming languages (e.g. Python, R, bash).
• Experience with Snowflake cloud data platform (or similar ecosystem MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, HBase)
• Strong project and program management experience in agile fast paced environments
• Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal presentations.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
• Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies.
• Advanced degree in quantitative or analytical field preferred
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.