Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy & BD, APAC(Korea Lead)
Corporate Strategy & Business Development (CSBD) is responsible for developing strategies to drive long-term growth for the company. CSBD team works closely with both APAC leadership and Managing Director of Korea of the Walt Disney Company (TWDC) to drive and support strategy development and execution.
We seek a candidate with experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate development or private equity in Korea. The role requires strong business development, problem solving and analytical skills, excellent team work, effective communication in both English and Korean, as well as ability to collaborate across a diverse range of stakeholders, including multiple levels of business and functional teams within TWDC.
Key elements and required results of the role
• Lead and drive the Company's strategic planning, M&A and new business initiatives in Korea, including the annual 5 Year Plan process and any ad-hoc strategic reviews
• Research and analyze on new and/or evolving market and consumer trends and draw insights and implications on business strategies
• Develop business plans to capture new business opportunities and key growth initiatives
• Support the country GM in identifying, analysing and executing potential partnerships in Korea
• Partner with local Business Unit leadership in the development of business unit specific strategic plans; align strategy to TWDC Korea strategies. Closely collaborate with and support BU leadership
• Influence, engage and gain buy-in to deliver strategic planning and growth objectives
• Represent Korea in APAC-wide and Companywide strategic initiatives
• Prepare key strategic and operational review materials for management
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
• Experience in management consulting, investment banking, corporate development or private equity in Korea (required)
• Strong strategic thinker with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Superior verbal and written communications skills (both English and Korean), particularly the ability to develop cogent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders, including senior executives
• Outstanding project management skills and ability to multi-task
• Excellent teamwork capabilities and good cultural sensitivity
• Ability to think pragmatically and ability to drive executions
• Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; ability to produce complex financial models and full PowerPoint decks to support decision-making
• Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing business needs and priorities
• MBA from a top business school with 5+ years of post-MBA experience
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Korea), LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (APAC).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqxpyx-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.