Stockport, United Kingdom
As a Senior Front-End Software Engineer, you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible on the client. You'll work with a team of diverse developers alongside systems engineers, services engineers and project managers.
What you'll do:
• Implement web interfaces and applications using React and Node in a strict agile environment.
• Work on a modern stack including React, NodeJS, GraphQL and JWT.
• Ensure code quality through the writing of tests.
• Distill product requirements into design and technical specifications.
• Drive conversations with other engineering, product, and marketing teams to define and execute on product requirements.
• Mentoring and helping to level up other engineers.
• Experience building complex, highly usable web applications.
• Strong git skills with the ability to adapt to different git workflows.
• In-depth experience in a NodeJS application development environment.
• Experience setting and/or expanding engineering best practices.
• Comfortable evaluating and taking calculated risks adopting new technologies.
• Experience with streaming video, e-commerce, large data applications, and analytics suites.
• Hands-on experience with React and GraphQL in a production application.
This position will be based out of our Stockport, UK office. We offer unique opportunities for any technologist, including:
• The ability to work on a cutting-edge technology stack.
• Influencing the innovation of products used globally by millions.
• An open, team-driven diverse environment that fosters constructive feedback and collective problem-solving
The Interview Process
The process is straightforward and has 3 main stages. You'll be pleased to hear there's not a take-home test and the whole process can be done remotely if necessary.
It begins with an initial and very informal introduction call with the recruiter. From there if we both agree there's a good match, you'll have a 1-hour fact-finding/fairly technical meeting with two members of the tech team. If both sides agree to progress from here this will be followed by a final meeting with another two members of the engineering team. This stage will include a pair programming exercise.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.