The Walt Disney Studios brings quality movies and episodic storytelling to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. Studio Operations finishes and distributes this Disney studio content to business partners and consumers globally. With shrinking timelines and increased complexity of deliverables, we strive to deliver more content faster without decreasing quality and security and without increasing overhead costs. The Studio Operations finance team partners closely with the Studio Operations team to further this mission, ensuring that costs for the business are reported accurately to our clients, while also providing our operators with strategic insights about the financial performance and efficiency of their businesses.
Studio Operations Finance is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to support the Studio Operations finance team and Distribution Operations team. Distribution Operations is responsible for live studio operations, broadcast and transmission, network and production operations, content preparation, packaging and distribution functions globally. In addition to developing budgets and forecasts and tracking expenses for these teams, the role will also help support ad-hoc analysis to increase the effectiveness of our business operations, such as financial impact of changes to workflow and rate cards.
• Management of quarter close, annual operating plan, and forecasts
• Prepare and analyze complex budgets, plans, financial statements and/or reports and ensure compliance with reporting requirements
• Review financial statement information compared to expected results and deliver clear and concise variance explanations that identify root causes
• Understand key drivers of financial forecast process and how these drivers impact accounting close
• Make recommendations to management and clients on opportunities to operate efficiently and provide cost impact of alternative scenarios
• Financial analysis and support for key strategic initiatives; including NPV Analysis and program cost tracking
• Provide support to operations to ensure appropriate account coding
• Oversee ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned; demonstrate an understanding of project management methodology (e.g. develop project plans, monitor progress, communicate to stakeholders)
• 3+ years of finance or accounting experience, industry experience preferred
• Budgeting and forecasting experience
• Strong financial modeling and analytical skillset
• Ability to develop comprehensive/complex financial analysis with limited guidance
• Detail oriented and organized
• Strong project and time management skills
• Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
• Customer focused
• Ability to multi-task and deploy resources efficiently
• Demonstrates ability to quickly grasp and apply new concepts and processes
• Advanced proficiency with Excel, Powerpoint, and SAP & COGNOS strongly preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
The hiring range for this position in CA is $92,742.00 – $124,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkyy5k-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.