Production Accountant, TV Animation
At Disney Branded Television, you'll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your opportunity to unleash your skills….
The Financial Planning and Analysis group is dedicated to providing high-quality information and service to our business partners. We support their decision-making process while earning their confidence and respect by efficiently providing and maintaining accurate and timely financial data. We will promote innovation and growth by developing our employees and maximizing technology while maintaining a fun environment.
We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst that will play a key role within the Financial Planning and Analysis group. This role primarily supports Disney Television Animation and will work closely with the production and production finance teams in order to manage studio and programming costs. Through partnerships with key stakeholders, your work will include: performing financial analyses and decision support, improving financial models, ensuring timely preparation of forecasts/plans, providing cause of change explanations, and effectively communicating any issues or changes. By providing high-quality, accurate analytics and thoughtful, data-driven insights, the Senior Financial Analyst plays an integral role in supporting the short-term and long-term financial success of this business. You will be provided an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to act as a change agent by improving and building upon existing planning tools.
• Support coordination, preparation and analysis of the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan, and quarterly forecasts including the accompanying management presentations
• Develop, enhance, update and/or maintain financial planning models
• Develop and communicate detailed reports and dashboards for senior leadership, consisting of expense trend metrics, cause of change analysis, and financial summaries for management
• Collaborate with key stakeholders, accounting and internal finance team members to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning process, assumptions, and results.
• Work closely with accounting to actualize financial planning models after quarter close
• Prepare ad-hoc reports and presentations for various internal stakeholders; work on special projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
• Strong technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Passion for and interest in the global media industry and Disney's brands and franchises
• Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and resolve issues quickly without sacrificing quality
• Able to maintain both a rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
• Proactive and creative in approaching problems and presenting financial data
• Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
• Experience with SAP and COGNOS a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with 2+ years of relevant work experience
• MBA or CPA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vom4-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.