London – Hammersmith 4 days per week
VP Studio Finance
Overall Purpose of the Role
Disney Theatrical Group (DTG) is responsible for our owned/operated production in the UK and licensed productions throughout EMEA. Productions include: THE LION KING London and Tour, FROZEN, ALADDIN UK Tour in the UK and licensed productions across EMEA, the main markets for which are:
Germany, Spain, Holland and France. Further, DTG also oversees the license for the global Feld Entertainment, Disney on Ice, business in EMEA.
The role is a vital part of the Studio Finance team and helps to ensure the effective, timely and accurate delivery of Budget, Forecast, Five Year Plan and Close across EMEA as well as assisting teams across Disney Theatrical with cost management and tracking.
This role is based in London, with time to be split between the Lyceum Theatre in Covent Garden and the Disney offices in Hammersmith.
Areas of Responsibility
• Lead the process for AOP, 5 YP, Forecasts and Quarter End, ensuring all deadlines are met and accurate figures are provided and that the wider business picture / context is accurately represented in all presentations.
• Own the P&Ls for the UK shows productions, working closely with the Sales, Production and Marketing teams around the business.
• Track Capex for new shows and improvements, and ensure budgets are held.
• Work closely with Disney Tickets team, supporting on P&L and development plans.
• Own the Overheads budget, including headcount.
• Support on any new shows; track profitability and capex, and provide analysis on theatre deals and contract negotiations.
• Responsible for payroll across the shows, including weekly checks, pension and HMRC reporting, ensuring compliance and weekly journals/reporting.
• Support in areas of tax, including annual tax credits, PAYE queries and touring allowances for the shows.
• Key finance contact for the shows: will be required to support on a number of ad hoc requests as and when they come up.
Experience & Professional Qualifications Required
• Degree level essential.
• Qualified accountant.
• Theatre industry experience essential.
• Experience of working in an equivalent analytics role.
• Demonstrable track record of providing commercial support to business partners.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Ability to produce clear and insightful analysis that delivers key messaging at the appropriate level of detail.
• Numerate and analytical with a desire to think through and resolve problems.
• Results focussed and outcome driven.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (EMEA).
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3wov4-35-172-165-64-42 in your application.