Disney Entertainment & ESPN (DEE) Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DEE Segment and the Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DEE Technology helps The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, bring creative ideas to life and create industry-shaping approaches.
Describe what the person will do in the role - how he/she will impact the organization.
• Responsible for managing Distribution Operations (DO)'s financials between all End-to-End (E2E) servicing vendors, DO Title Managers, and Finance team for the Estimated Final Cost (EFC) process.
• Anticipated total vendor spent that this role is responsible for invoicing and tracking for FY24 is ~$300M.
• Responsible for monitoring overall vendor spent for Distribution Operations (DO) team daily.
• Work with business leadership to set policies and standards and SOPs for vendor invoicing and tracking.
• Responsible for keeping the DO executive team updated on vendor spent and troubleshooting if the spent doesn't align with the forecast.
• Support the system development team with setting up the tooling ecosystem to track EFCs, overages, and payment.
• Responsible for maintaining the overage approval process between vendors and DO title managers.
• Gatekeeper of all incoming vendor invoices for the entire DO team under Barrie Godwin.
• Maintain on-time payment cycle with vendors by supporting DO title managers for timely review and approval of vendor invoices.
• Improve vendors' right-the-first-time invoice submission rate by monitoring daily with vendors.
• Lead financial stakeholder meetings with Finance execs, DO executive team, and BRM execs and provide updates on overall vendor spent regularly.
• Responsible for supporting DO title managers with remediating invoices after Procurement rejects.
• Responsible for on-boarding new users, process changes, and reporting functions to vendor invoice tracking process.
• Lead weekly touch base with all E2E vendors to troubleshoot issues and/or past dues if any.
• Own vendor communication on process changes, past dues, and the overall payment healthiness between vendors and DO.
• Continue to be the gatekeeper for all non-E2E vendor invoices that aren't part of the EFC process. The responsibilities include (but not limited to) weekly executive reporting on on-time payment, measuring DO title managers for on-time review/approval, supporting them for remediation, weekly touch base with vendors to troubleshoot past dues if any, etc.
• Can Solve complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify solutions
• Can lead functional projects or teams and serve as a best practice/quality resource
• Can propose an innovative solution to problems to senior executive team.
• Can interpret internal or external business issues and recommends best practices.
• This role should be able to work independently with guidance in only the most complex situations.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
Education: A bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent years of experience
• Minimum 7 years of experience in client relations and providing process-driven solutions to stakeholders for their business needs.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in data analysis, trending, reporting to business stakeholders.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in vendor invoice management for a large business unit in an entertainment company.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in Localization and Digital Distribution workflows and client/vendor management experience.
• Professional experience in working with large size global vendors in the industry for dubbing and subtitling management.
• Professional experience in working with 200+ operations managers for invoicing, tracking, and payment.
• Professional experience in working with dubbing studios in international territories for setting up billing processes and executing payment.
• Previous customer service experience and managing clients.
• Previous experience in working with and managing vendors.
Preferred requirements include:
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Deep knowledge and understanding on ISO 9001 & 27001, 6sigma, PMP and AGILE
The hiring range for this position in California is $111,900 to $136,700 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Shared Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9kmp9-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.