Data Software Developer in Test
Primary Location: Santa Monica
Alternate Locations: Seattle and NYC
Disney Data team is seeking a hands-on Senior Data Software Developer (quality engineering) who will be an exceptional addition to our technology team. In this role, you will lead the team responsible for measuring the quality of insights delivered to our partners. You will provide leadership and technical skills to champion and implement data quality engineering strategy, processes and standard methodologies that contribute to improving the quality data at Disney. To be this dynamic leader, you should be an experienced but hands-on manager who can build an organization and ensure it performs. If you are a hands-on leader who is passionate about data quality and interested in making an outsized impact in an organization that values data as its top priority, this is the role for you.
• Be responsible for the end to end ownership of a data QE team, including setting the technical vision and hands-on development of test frameworks and automation
• Guide and mentor a data QE team distributed across multiple development teams.
• Work with your team to define and align standard methodologies, tools, and processes across multiple teams.
• Work with partners to define and articulate the impact of quality testing and evangelize a testing-first culture across the data organization.
• Work with partners to define a roadmap for quality testing, with a goal of incremental automation over time.
• Document, automate and enforce data quality, data integrity, and QA standard methodologies
• Manage prioritization and allocation of resources to optimize delivery
• Be a champion of quality and operational excellence: establish team metrics for measurement of quality and operational excellence and a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvements
• Hire and develop best-in-class data quality engineers
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to build and develop teams
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in Quality Assurance Management for high-performant, scalable and distributed data systems with a focus on verification and automation
• Deep understanding of testing fundamentals like Test Driven Development, Risk Based Testing, Test Reporting, Test Planning, Test Automation, Test Metrics and Defect Trends Analysis.
• Hands on experience of data engineering, data modeling, data warehousing, and big-data platform
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced operational environment, lead change, and collaborate with a variety of individuals and organizational partners
• Strong understanding of CI/CD principles.
• Strong project management skills and experience with agile/scrum
• Highly motivated self-starter with bias to action and passion for delivering high-quality data solutions
• Attention to detail and quality with excellent problem solving and communication skills
• BS or MS in Computer Science or a related degree
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8z18-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.