VP, Product Management, Commerce
San Francisco, CA
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney's Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney's international media operations and the Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company's ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
Data scientists on the Disney+ team are the insights and modeling partners for the content, marketing, product, and engineering teams. They use data to empower decision-makers with information, predictions, and insights that ultimately influence the experiences of millions of users worldwide. Scientists on the team build models, perform statistical analysis, and create visualizations to provide scalable, persistent capability that is iteratively improved through direct interaction with cross-functional business partners.
• Modeling: Develop machine learning models for forecasting, opportunity sizing, and segmentation.
• Deep analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the service and content.
• Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and investigate opportunities, and with other tech teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
• Data engineering: Create pipelines and explore data to surface insights through visualization and automated reporting.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience designing, building, and evaluating practical machine learning solutions to solve business problems
• 3+ years of experience using SQL
• 3+ years of Python or other statistical programming language
• Deep understanding of statistical concepts like hypothesis testing, Bayesian decision-making, etc.
• Hands-on experience in advanced data analysis
• Strong communication skills, for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Experience thinking strategically to interpret market and consumer information, preferably about a subscription service.
• Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau or Looker
• Advanced degree, PhD or MS in an analytical field or equivalent experience
• Advanced degree in an analytical field or equivalent experience
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.