QA Analyst - Connected Device Applications
San Francisco, CA
We are seeking a Senior Data Modeler who will partner with business, analytics and engineering teams to design, build and maintain ease-of-use for data structures to facilitate data scaling and secure data sharing. Collaborating across disciplines, you will identify internal/external data sources to design table structures, define solution architecture and implement scalable, secure data solutions.
• Partner with technical and non-technical colleagues to understand data and reporting requirements.
• Work with engineering teams to collect required data from internal and external systems.
• Design table structures to build performant data solutions that are reliable and scalable in a fast-growing data ecosystem.
• Develop data quality checks for source and target data sets. Develop UAT plans and conduct QA.
• Develop and maintain ETL routines using ETL and orchestration tools such as Airflow, Luigi and Jenkins.
• Document and publish metadata and table designs to facilitate data adoption.
• Perform ad hoc analysis as necessary.
• Perform SQL and ETL tuning as necessary.
• Develop and maintain Dashboards/reports using Tableau and Looker
• 4+ years of relevant professional experience.
• 2+ years' work experience implementing and reporting on business key performance indicators in data warehousing environments. Strong understanding of data modeling principles including Dimensional modeling, data normalization principles etc.
• 2 + years' experience using analytic SQL, working with traditional relational databases and/or distributed systems such as Hadoop / Hive, BigQuery, Snowflake/Redshift.
• 1+ years of experience programming languages (e.g. Python, R, bash) preferred.
• 1+ years of experience with workflow management tools (Airflow, Oozie, Azkaban, UC4)
• Good understanding of SQL Engines and able to conduct advanced performance tuning
• Experience with Hadoop (or similar) Ecosystem (MapReduce, Yarn, HDFS, Hive, Spark, Presto, Pig, HBase)
• Familiarity with data exploration / data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
• Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
• Strong communication skills – written and verbal presentations.
• Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies.
• Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired.
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.