Senior Software Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Disney is seeking a Senior Data Analyst on the Engagement and Retention Analytics Team. This position will be performing advanced analytics and will design, develop and implement reporting and provide strategic insights to understand and optimize the subscriber lifecycle journey across Disney+, ESPN+ and Star. This position will also design and measure A/B and multivariate experiments and master exploratory analysis and insight, all in close collaboration with partners across the Data team and business groups.
• Identify retention marketing and content programming opportunities within the subscriber lifecycle journey to impact KPIs that move business health.
• Determine the effectiveness of lifecycle marketing strategies and provide strategic recommendations to optimize messaging strategy.
• Design and measure experiments and A/B tests to determine the impact of marketing efforts.
• Perform statistical analysis including audience segmentation, experimental design, significance testing, and regression modeling to understand customers and their behavior across platforms.
• Design, build and automate dashboards.
• Help build a data driven culture where testing is a key part of the workflow.
• Document and communicate findings and insights to stakeholders across the company, including senior executives.
• 3+ years of experience in an analytical role (5+ years preferred).
• 2+ years' work experience using SQL and knowledge of Python/R or other statistical programming language.
• Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc.
• Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis) and experience in applying multivariate statistics to business problems.
• Experience with defining, implementing and analyzing A/B and multivariate experiments.
• Strong communication and presentation skills – written, visual, and verbal presentations.
• Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, or computer science. Advanced degree is a plus.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2v30-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.