Senior Software Engineer
Santa Monica, CA
Hulu's Subscription Lifecycle Organization is seeking a Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer who will be an outstanding addition to our technology team. The organization is responsible for the subscription platform that enables interaction of our subscribers and partners with Hulu. The right person for this role is passionate about building systems that are optimized for scalability, efficiency, quality and reliability. If you are someone who loves simple, performant solutions to ambitious problems and is looking for a role that has significant growth potential, then this is a great role for you.
• Drive the infrastructure required to support the application roadmap in close collaboration with development, product and other teams based on future product vision and to increase organizational efficiency.
• Act as the primary interface and enthusiast between the Subscription Lifecycle org and the core infrastructure teams.
• Help development teams in designing secure, robust and scalable services and offline processing pipelines.
• Evaluate and provide feedback on team infrastructure architecture artifacts in the context of the architectural roadmap.
• Identify risks and propose mitigation strategies.
• Mentor/coach engineers to facilitate their DevOps development and provide technical leadership to them.
• Develop infrastructure standards and support their adoption.
• Challenge our team and software to be even better.
• 5+ years of relevant DevOps or infrastructure engineering experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent technical experience
• Phenomenal communication, collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
• Enthusiasm for driving consensus and ideas across multiple teams, roles and levels in the organization
• Extensive experience with AWS managed services including but not limited to EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS
• Quality-first mentality with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
• Track record of successful implementation experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms using infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
• Proficiency with at least one of the following languages: Go, Java, Python
• Experience with observability platforms like DataDog, New Relic, etc.
• Experience in a cross-team and architecture focused role
• Experience with Apache Kafka or Spinnaker
• Experience with container orchestration systems such as AWS ECS or Kubernetes
• Experience with service discovery/mesh such as Consul or Istio
• Familiarity with domain driven design
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.