Analytics Manager, North & East Europe
This role will require someone to be in our Hammersmith offices 4 days a week.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Disney+ is The Walt Disney Company's Direct to Consumer video entertainment service. The service consists of long form and short form video built around the five key TWDC content brands (Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic) as well as General Entertainment, with an appealing and easy to use interface accessed across multiple platforms (e.g. televisions, mobile devices, PCs).
The Disney+ team is responsible for the day to day operation of Disney+ across Europe, Middle East and Africa, specifically focused on marketing, customer acquisition and retention, partnerships, content programming, and research and analytics.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst to join our Local Analytics team, part of the EMEA Insights & Analytics department. The purpose of this role is to gain an in-depth understanding of local customer behaviours, content preferences, and acquisition and retention insights, particularly in North & East Europe (UK, Benelux, Nordics, DACH, Eastern Europe). The role involves in-depth collaboration with local business teams across North & East Europe to provide actionable insights addressing local market nuances & challenges, while being part of the regional Analytics team to benefit from best practices, opportunities to enhance technical skills, and support regional and global exposure as well as career development.
This role will leverage top class analytical skills spanning from insights generation to statistical experimentation, excellent communication skills, and the ability to understand and support business needs. Key to the success of this role will be the ability to provide relevant local insights, generated from Disney+ data as well as leveraging the full breadth of customer research, market and business intelligence provided by the broader teams in market. Close collaboration with other market analysts and the regional and global Analytics teams will also be key, to ensure the work can be scaled and replicated, to leverage existing tools and share best practices.
This is a pivotal role within the Disney+ business, which will provide crucial insights on local business performance, and will directly feed into business decisions and action plans across the region.
Areas of Responsibility
• Identify and prioritise local insight needs via collaborative and transparent road-mapping and opportunity sizing process
• Be the ''go-to'' person for local business performance metrics, and the conduit to socialise regional and global insights with teams in market
• Support training of local teams to adopt self-serve and interpret data insights
• Shed light on local content preferences and customer behaviours, e.g. by measuring impact of content launches on acquisition and retention, tracking and evolving drivers of churn, creating local audience cohorts (all within global/regional framework)
• Scope out and implement local tests across merchandising, customer comms, acquisition and retention campaign evaluation - in close collaboration with regional and global teams. Developing test plans, defining success metrics, and ensuring robust statistical results
• Support analysis of marketing campaigns, working in conjunction with regional team and third party marketing effectiveness agency
• Localise analysis on global / regional projects which are rolled out across markets
Areas of Accountability
SVP, Direct to Consumer EMEA
VP, Insights & Analytics EMEA
Country managers & local Disney+ leads
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
• 5+ years of analytical experience
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as STEM, Statistics, Data Science, Economics, Management, Marketing or Social Science. Graduate degree preferred.
• Advanced SQL skills and experience; Python/R and other statistical programming language experience preferred.
• Background in data visualization and dashboard development (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker)
• Strong understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., propensity modelling, hypothesis testing, regression analysis)
Skills & Competencies Required
• Have a demonstrated history of translating complex data sets into clear and actionable narratives and communicate opportunities and challenges to stakeholders
• Ability to think strategically, analyse and interpret market and consumer data
• Experience in communicating data insights to large matrix organizations
• Experience of working collaboratively across international organisations
• Skilled at prioritising and managing multiple project schedules and deadlines that run simultaneously
• Diplomatic and tactful
• Positive, collaborative, energetic and entrepreneurial attitude
• Ability to work autonomously
Occasional travel to local markets across North & East Europe is to be expected.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Limited, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (EMEA).
The Walt Disney Company Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2e797-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.