DMED is looking for someone who has a passion for sports and strong background in data analytics and forecasting to be a Sr. Analyst of ESPN Forecasting on the Disney Media Entertainment & Distribution (DMED) Research & Insights team. This role will be responsible for full scale execution of the forecast workflow. This will include data ingestion QA to working with the data science team on specific sport models on the front end. This forecast process includes short and long term (next year, 5 year, 10 year) forecasts as well as tactical (deal specific) and strategic/ad-hoc analysis across a number of different business units and distribution end points. This person will work with other science and analytics analysts to balance the art and science of forecasting to identify user consumption patterns, sports industry trends, emerging insights, and data anomalies, while understanding contextual drivers and making strategic recommendations to the Manager, ESPN Forecasting and other team leaders. The Sr. Analyst position balances both tactical and strategic responsibilities of the role, but is expected to help execute organizational strategy.
The Forecasting & Analytics team is highly collaborative and works in an incredibly fast paced environment. The Sr. Analyst of ESPN Forecasting will be responsible for building strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and can drive both tactical and strategic projects, and is the operational owner of one or more key business processes.
• Collaboration: We are looking for a team member who has a demonstrated past of driving initiatives in a fast paced environment, excellent time management skills, and commitment to contributing effectively in a team environment. We are looking for an individual who is curious, collaborative, results-oriented, relationship driven and can effectively communicate complex initiatives/trends/data to stakeholders.
• Forecasting/Modeling: Collaborate with analytics teams by leverage statistical and machine learning to measure and project a user's engagement with the Disney platforms across many KPI's. Drive changes to the science in the forecast that will enhance the forecast accuracy.
• Partnership: Partner closely with internal and external business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, and data visualization.
• Data Quality: As a subject matter expert on internal/external data sources, ensure anomalies/bugs are escalated and if needed workarounds developed to ensure the data is as clean as possible, as these KPI's will become the source of truth for various groups
• Minimum of 2-4 years of related work experience
• Proven history of building relevant qualitative business analyses and insights to drive decision-making
• Experience in forecasting, scenario planning, modeling
• Exceptional communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
• Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker)
• Experience with data management tools (SQL, Snowflake)
• Strong analytic skills, high attention to detail and accuracy in a high-paced ambiguous environment either in a team setting or independently
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with multiple managers on a variety of projects
• Reliable; resourceful; pro-active in approach to questions, looks for solutions and information in creative ways
• Flexible; embrace new assignments with a can-do attitude; will seek out opportunities to contribute without being asked and strives to autonomously drive impactful projects to completion
• An understanding of online metrics including impressions, page views, episode starts and their relationship to each other is a plus
• Knowledge and understanding of online advertising metrics as well as web analytics (Adobe Analytics, an ad serving platform, etc) is a plus
• Bachelor's degree is required, ideally in a quantitative field
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx60m4-3-93-74-25-42 in your application.