Senior Analyst, Forecasting (Disney Entertainment Television)
Disney Entertainment Television team is a global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services – ESPN+, the Disney+ streaming service and its ownership stake in Hulu -- alongside Disney's international media businesses, Disney Entertainment aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The team is looking for someone who has a passion for sports and strong background in data analytics and forecasting to be a Senior Analyst of ESPN Forecasting on the Disney Entertainment Research & Insights team. This role will be responsible for full scale execution of the forecast workflow. This will include data ingestion QA to working with the data science team on specific sport models on the front end. This forecast process includes short and long term (next year, 5-year, 10 year) forecasts as well as tactical (deal specific) and strategic/ad-hoc analysis across a number of different business units and distribution end points. This person will work with other science and analytics analysts to balance the art and science of forecasting to identify user consumption patterns, sports industry trends, emerging insights, and data anomalies, while understanding contextual drivers and making strategic recommendations to the Manager, ESPN Forecasting, and other team leaders. The Sr. Analyst position balances both tactical and strategic responsibilities of the role but is expected to help execute organizational strategy.
• Maintaining and updating both the weekly and financial forecast with current schedule information and performance trends.
• Weekly pacing reporting and variance analysis to help explain drivers and changes.
• Collaborate with analytics teams by leveraging statistical and machine learning to measure and project a user's engagement with the Disney platforms across many KPI's.
• Drive changes to the science in the forecast that will enhance the forecast accuracy.
• Partner closely with internal and external business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, and data visualization.
• Data quality monitoring, as a subject matter expert on internal/external data sources, ensure anomalies/bugs are escalated and if needed workarounds developed to ensure the data is as clean as possible, as these KPI's will become the source of truth for various groups.
• 5 +years' work experience in forecasting, and scenario planning, and modeling.
• Paid experience with data management tools SQL required.
• Experience with data visualization tools Tableau is required.
• Proven history of building relevant qualitative business analyses and insights to drive decision-making.
• Exceptional communication skills. (verbal, written, listening)
• Strong analytic skills, high attention to detail and accuracy in a high-paced ambiguous environment either in a team setting or independently.
• Experience building and presenting decks is required.
• Must live within a commutable distance to Seattle office. (Position is onsite).
• A passion for both sports and the experience of the digital sports fan is a must.
• Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize, multi-task and work with multiple managers on a variety of projects.
• Reliable; resourceful; pro-active in approach to questions, looks for solutions and information in creative ways.
• Flexible; embrace new assignments with a can-do attitude; will seek out opportunities to contribute without being asked and strives to autonomously drive impactful projects to completion.
• An understanding of online metrics including impressions, page views, visits, reach, retention, and the relationship to each other.
• Bachelor's degree is required, ideally in a quantitative field.
The hiring range for this position in Seattle, Washington is $94,800 to $130,300 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment Television:
Disney Entertainment Television is a collection of renowned content brands at The Walt Disney Company creating original entertainment and news programming for the company's streaming platforms Disney+, Hulu and Star, and its broadcast and cable networks. Its extensive portfolio is comprised of ABC Entertainment, ABC News, ABC Owned Television Stations, Disney Branded Television, Freeform, FX, Hulu Originals, National Geographic Content and Onyx Collective, in addition to Disney Television Studios, which include 20th Television, 20th Television Animation, ABC Signature and Walt Disney Television Alternative. Responsible for over 4,500 hours of programming a year across more than 300 programs of all genres, Disney Entertainment Television's creative brands are at the forefront of groundbreaking storytelling, captivating audiences and generating critical acclaim. In 2023, Disney Entertainment Television's programming excellence earned 163 Emmy® nominations across daytime, primetime, news & documentary, and children's & family categories.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment Television.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & Intl is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy65e-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.