The Content Platforms' Content Protection team is looking for a Security Operations Analyst II to play an influential role in the evaluation and development of the vital technology we need to distribute and protect our content. One of your main objectives will be to explore and push the boundaries of media distribution across a multitude of platforms and consumer technologies.
As the Security Operations Analyst II, you will be challenged to blend new technologies with our content protection policies to ensure that TWDC content remains secure and protected across all post-theatrical windows. Your responsibilities include independent evaluations of software, hardware and services related to media distribution, documenting and effectively communicating the results of these evaluations as well as any impacts to the underlying technology strategy, maintaining hardware, software and related equipment for use by the Content Protection team, and researching and reverse engineering new technologies in media security, distribution and consumer devices.
• Assists with content security reviews for domestic and international distribution deals
• Perform VPN effectiveness testing and geofiltering analysis
• Performs hands-on evaluation of specifically identified technologies – emerging technologies (4K, HDR, etc.), distribution technologies (P2P, OTT, etc.), consumer technologies (STBs, Game Consoles, software,) etc.;
• Identifies emerging platforms, technologies, and consumption devices
• Research new media security, distribution and consumer technologies and understand/articulate known vulnerabilities as well as potential impact(s) to Disney's content protection policies
• Communicates status to stakeholders and management
• Supports business units to gather and ensure completion of Technical Questionnaires
• Assists with technical and security reviews of content delivery platforms in Distribution Deals
• Assists in enforcement of Content Protection policies on Distribution Deals
• Maintains a repository for technologies that have been evaluated and their status
• Participates in security reviews, threat modeling, and incident response investigations;
• Designs and maintains test cases, scripts and custom test tools for evaluations
• Stay abreast of trends, products, frameworks, applications, and threat landscapes
• Bachelor's degree in relevant field of study or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years experience with meaningful information security research, software and/or hardware interrogation, and familiarity with content distribution via the internet;
• 3+ years programming in Object Oriented (OO) environment (Java, C++, etc.);
• 3+ years experience in Information Security, Software/Hardware Engineering, Computer Science, Security Research
• Demonstrated experience with security research tools
• Skilled understanding and ability to interact with fuzzing, compiling, and analyzing tools, programs, and techniques.
• Proven experience with network analysis tools (e.g. Wireshark, Charles Proxy, etc.);
• Knowledge of video distribution systems (OTT, Cable, Satellite, IPTV, etc.);
• Demonstrated understanding of DRM systems such as Google Widevine, Apple FairPlay, and Microsoft PlayReady, etc.
• Strong understanding of mobile operating systems and security environments (iOS/Android);
• Informed understanding of network protocols, data delivery and security principles (PKI, RSA, etc.);
• Effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical partners
• Demonstrated understanding of Internet based delivery mechanisms for video such as CMAF, HLS, MPEG-DASH, etc
• Proficient understanding of Web Services
• Proficient understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
• Proficient in quality assurance testing techniques
• 2+ years in any of the following areas - security engineering, application security, reverse-engineering, and/or mobile security;
• Working understanding of technologies like DLNA, MoCA
• Working understanding of security protocols like DTCP-IP, HDCP, UPnP, TLS
• Demonstrated understanding of distribution platforms such as Cable, IPTV, Satellite, Mobile and Internet
• Demonstrated understanding of watermarking and fingerprinting technologies
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $93,400.00 to $125,200.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology (DE&E Technology) provides the technological backbone and product development for Disney's two media business units, while helping to keep the company at the vanguard of innovation – enabling the Company to continuously leverage technology to enhance storytelling and creativity, while delivering scalability, flexibility, and efficiency for its businesses.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x09q-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.