DEE Technology is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
The DEE Technology QA Productivity Engineering team is seeking a skilled and dedicated Quality Analyst to join our team. As a Quality Analyst II , t his individual will work together with the software engineering team and other QA Analysts to define and execute the testing coverage needs for our products that deliver innovative content to our consumer-facing applications across the Disney brand. They will also work closely with the product owners, project management, automation engineers, and various other external development teams. Additionally, this role will require the candidate to be a part of the release team for multiple, sequential releases and participate in a ll aspect s of the software development lifecycle.
• Execute assigned test cases and test plans . Find, replicate, regress defects and write reproducible steps in our bug database system. Additionally, ensure that validated deliverables meet functional specifications and requirements.
• Participate in sprint plan review meetings to review functional and design specs and understand how those impact features in development. This includes leading supplemental test plan reviews with peers, developers, and product team members.
• Effectively communicate defects to stake holders and developers responsible for products in test and lead various test sessions with key members of the delivery team to ensure functionality of product(s).
• Develop test plans, test cases, and
other supplemental documentation as needed while maintaining the QA process . This includes w ork ing with our Automation team to translate manual test cases in to automated test scripts .
• Work closely with our geo-distributed QA team members to ensure they are fully integrated
• 3 + years of relevant QA experience .
• Clear communicator (written and verbal) – to ensure ability to write test plans and test cases. To communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders .
• Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables – ensures the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly .
• Experience with various QA tools and platforms . ( ADB , XCode , Charles Proxy, Postman, SOAtest , Selenium, etc. )
• Familiarity with issue tracking software like Jira or GitHub .
• Excellent understanding and knowledge of software quality assurance practice and testing methodologies and tools .
• Previous exposure to API test automation processes and frameworks .
• Experience writing test cases, test plans and overseeing the QA process in its entirety .
• Experience in agile software development teams working iteratively with designers, product managers and stakeholder s .
• Comfortable being uncomfortable. Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment, while being adaptable to change.
• Ability to work and participate in a team with an
open and collaborative style of communications .
• An analytical thinker, with sharp attention to detail, that has problem-solving and trouble shooting skills.
• A strong passion for product quality and continuous willingness to improve the process .
• Experience with automated test tools .
• Experience executing automated scripts .
• Understanding of how to interpret the results of automated test runs .
• Experience with mobile products/ ecosystem , connected devices, or video game testing.
• Experience writing test cases in Gherkin or Cucumber.
• Disney knowledge and fandom .
• A passion for learning and technology!
Bachelor Degree and/or equivalent work experience .
The hiring range for this remote position is $77,244.00 to $103,620.00 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2e7y5-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.