Comprised of Disney's sports, entertainment, and streaming services, the Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
DE&E is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability.
Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
The DE&E QA Productivity Engineering team is seeking a skilled and dedicated Quality Assurance Analyst I to join our team. As a QA Analyst I, this individual will work together with the software engineering team and other QA Analysts to define and execute the testing coverage needs for DE&E's streaming products (Disney+, Star+, Hulu). They will also work closely with the product owners, project management, automation engineers, and various other external development teams.
We are looking for someone who…
• Demonstrates determination in finding solutions to puzzles
• Has the curiosity to research and learn new things
• Employs positive thinking and is able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
• Values learning and being exposed to new experiences
• Loves sports and wants to build the best experiences on the web
• Write and review test cases that are a part of a larger test plan, then execute those test cases against development and live builds to ensure all aspects of the product meet the highest quality level.
• Create highly detailed bug reports in our bug tracking database, JIRA, keeping track of bugs from creation to regression.
• Effectively communicate defects to stake holders and developers responsible for products in test, and lead various test sessions with key members of the delivery team to ensure functionality of product(s).
• Assist other QA analysts and/or development team with a variety of tasks, including but not limited to: screenshot or video capture of defects, and general troubleshooting.
• Minimum 1 year of experience
• Bachelor's degree required or equivalent years of work experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Familiarity with issue tracking software like Jira or Github.
• Experience writing test cases in Gherkin or Cucumber.
• Sports knowledge and fandom.
• A passion for learning and technology!
• Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables – ensures the ability to find the bad defects and bugs quickly.
• Basic understanding and knowledge of software quality assurance practice and testing methodologies and tools.
• Comfortable being uncomfortable. Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment, while being adaptable to change.
• Ability to work and participate in a team with an open and collaborative style of communications.
• An analytical thinker, with sharp attention to detail, that has problem-solving and trouble shooting skills.
• Understanding of how to interpret the results of automated test runs.
• A strong passion for product quality and continuous willingness to improve the process.
Bachelor Degree and/or equivalent work experience .
The hiring range for this remote position is $66,994.00 to $89,870.00 per year, which factors
in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account
internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region,
job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or
long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in
addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on
the level and position offered.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqe52z-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.