ABC Signature is a global leader in the development, production, and strategic distribution of entertainment content across television and emerging digital platforms. We are the content provider for the ABC Entertainment Group, HULU, Disney+, Freeform and Amazon, among others, having produced multiple seasons of hit series, including ''Grey's Anatomy ''Station 19,'' ''Bad Sisters,'' ''A Small Light,'' ''This Fool,'' ''The Rookie,'' and its spinoff, ''The Rookie: FEDS.''
The ABC Signature Tax Incentive Group is seeking a tax incentive specialist to join its Production Finance team as a Production Analyst. We are an internal service provider for the television finance and production teams. As ABC Signature produces domestic and international content for all the major broadcasters and streamers, the Tax Incentive Group works to identify and access worldwide government-based incentive opportunities available to television productions. The team assists in all aspects of researching, securing, and monetizing these incentives. In this role, the Production Analyst will gain an extensive understanding of the full television production and finance timeline – engaging with Executives, Production Accountants, and other cross-functional stakeholders, including Creative, Legal, and Business Affairs. We value collaboration, curiosity, and attention to detail.
Production Tax Incentives Team Support
• Support ABC Signature Tax Incentive team in the overall workflow of production tax incentive process – From Research to Application, Audits to Monetization.
• Manage application and audit materials in Shared filing systems.
• Coordinate team calendar and team meetings with production finance teams, stakeholders, auditors, and other ad hoc partners.
• Assist in drafting ABC Signature Production Tax Incentives Team Policies and Procedures Manual.
• Develop a thorough understanding of television production, and all domestic and international production incentives.
• Draft and or update research summaries on an ad hoc to provide current tax incentive laws & application for stakeholders, including Production Finance Executives, Production Executives, Post Executives, Production Estimators, Production Accountants.
• Monitor changes to existing or pending legislation that impacts production tax incentives to advise ABCS Production of these changes, as required.
• Draft applications for Production Tax Incentive Initial Certificates (both domestic and international, communicating critical logistical details such as deadlines, marketing, and end credit requirements.
• Set up and maintain archive folders to retain initial application filing materials and any official jurisdictional correspondence.
End Credit Confirmation
• Research and communicate regulatory & contractual incentive logos & end credits.
• Gather and supply current screen credit rules, promotional collateral and detail to appropriate stakeholders (Production, Post, Credits Admin, PIPs, Business Ops, Marketing).
• Verify with Credits Administration that all screen credits are correct for tax incentive purposes.
Production Finance and Production Accounting Team Preparation
• Assist in preparing Tax Incentive Kick-Off Meeting materials for Production Accountants.
• Field ad hoc questions and research from production accountants.
Corporation Setup & Registration
• Research and communicate when corporate registration is required for tax incentives.
Tax Support & Stakeholder meetings
• Gather and supply TWDC tax department with ad hoc data, as needed.
• Maintain, update and roll forward agenda for standing meetings with stakeholders (e.g., PIPs, EP Canada).
Interim Reporting to Film Offices & Economic Impact Reporting
• Facilitate gathering detail for state and international economic impact studies.
Audit Support & Liaison
• Analyze domestic and international production incentives and provide show-level support.
• Work with show accountants and production service companies to drive accurate, complete and timely data collection and reporting to auditors and jurisdictional offices.
• Provide support on all tax incentive audits by gathering data and reconciliations through independent data wrangling, and consulting contributors including payroll service providers, production accountants, BA, Legal, Contract Administration and other resources.
• Assist Director in compiling data for tax incentive trend analysis.
• Compile documentation to support final tax incentive applications.
• Collect and share final certificates with TWDC Tax and TWDC Corporate Finance.
• Archive to ''Permanent'' Tax Incentive File in the show's SharePoint folder and the shared BOX folder.
• File hard copies of certificates in case they are needed for selling or tax filing.
• Communicate with stakeholders (Production Finance Exec, Corporate Accounting) when funds are received (i.e., wire or check).
• Facilitate obtaining any repatriation coding instruction from Corporate Accounting and share with Production Finance Executives.
• Communicate with Tax when Final Certificates are received.
Track ABCS Tax Incentives and Receivables
• Prepare spreadsheets to track tax incentives to monitor estimated incentive throughout life-cycle of the production.
• Prepares tax incentive dashboard to distribute to Vice President of Production Finance and Studio Corporate Finance Executive.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Analyze domestic and international production incentives and provide show-level support during pre-production, production, post and audit phases.
• Compile documentation to support initial and final tax incentive applications
• Research and develop a thorough understanding of domestic and international television production incentives.
• Provide data wrangling and reconciliation support on all production tax incentive audits.
• Maintain and update Tax Incentive tracking module and Executive Dashboard
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• Minimum of 2 years work experience, including public accounting and/or relevant Studio Finance/Accounting experience
• Problem-solver, comfortable managing multiple on-going projects and adaptable to shifting priorities
• Strong organization, communication and MS Excel skills are required
• Experience in tax issues relating to studio productions is preferred
• Strong freelance accounting experience with series or film
• Bachelors degree in Business Admin, Accounting, Finance or Economics OR relevant work experience
The hiring range for this position in Los Angeles, CA is $68,300 to $93,800 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment Television:
The Disney Entertainment Television group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company's streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz27p2-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.