Product Designer, Motion and Prototype
San Francisco, CA
Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch movies, shows, sports and live events. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what's possible. It's an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improving these apps that people use every day.
About the Team
The DSS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
Responsibilities: We're looking for a Product Designer, Motion & Prototype to join our Product Design team. Disney Streaming Services is looking for a capable motion & prototype designer who is passionate about user experience & building intuitive UI interaction. The role involves utilizing motion design and prototyping tools to build out concepts from existing design systems, as well as exploring concepts to improve UX across our flagship products - Disney+ and Star+. The position also involves working directly with developers - translating concepts and delivering motion specifications & design assets for production, as well as Disney events, and executive presentations. The team works across desktop/web, tablet, mobile & TV - providing high fidelity interactive prototypes for proof of concepts, presenting executive demos for presentations and live events, and providing support for product UX research. As a Product Designer, Motion & Prototype you will:
• Use design systems to build fully realized concepts
• Create detailed specs of motion for developers and prototyping teams
• Present concepts to visual design team, providing explanations and discovery findings
• Provide support to UX Research via experiences created for user testing
• Design production-ready assets for Disney events and executive presentations
• Experience working in Principle, Framer, Proto.io & InVision
• Advanced skills in Adobe Suite: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD
• Ability to use Sketch and Abstract to manage production of assets needed for motion & prototyping
• Understanding of video editing and compression tools
• 3+ years of design experience including all three: User Experience, UI, and Visual Design
• Strong understanding of complex UX/UI behaviors and interactions
• Experience concepting and designing micro-animations that enrich interactions and clarify interfaces
• Expert Visual Designer capable of preparing graphics for prototypes
• Strong Understanding of Motion principles for UI - Web, Mobile, TV, and Gaming Consoles
• Understanding of focus and hierarchy in UI
• Ability to excel in both collaborative and siloed workflows while maintaining consistent productivity
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv1m4m-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.