The Walt Disney Company launched a Disney-branded streaming service in 2019 featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The direct-to-consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalog that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We're looking for a talented, and team-oriented Product Designer to join our product design team. The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit and will thrive upon the legacy of our company while embracing unconventional thinking. Above all we are seeking an individual who is passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
As a Product Designer on the Artwork & Design Systems team, you'll be creating and strategizing design frameworks for the DSS platforms that ultimately contribute to improving the user-experience of our global subscribers. Some examples include messaging design frameworks, user-engagement features, the onboarding journey, product marketing design, and title artwork.
You'll collaborate with product marketing teams, global design teams, agencies and other creative teams across the company to ensure quality standards are met and that an excellent product experience is prioritized. As part of the Product Design group, you'll always look to balance the essence of the brand story and maintain the integrity of the product user interface; to always ensure the best experience for the user while delighting them with great content and visuals. As a team member, you'll also coordinate and collaborate with other Product Designers working on similar projects.
• Create designs for product features, web pages, product interstitials, notifications and other components of the product experience that align and support the overall subscriber experience
• Create presentations and prototypes that describe the use and positioning of assets within our applications (TV, mobile, and web) while also speaking to the rationale for the solution and making compelling arguments for what is proposed
• Rapidly produce multiple solutions using sketches, wireframes and visual prototypes while instinctively knowing the proper level of detail to present to communicate your point of view while remaining optimally efficient.
• Collaborate with fellow designers (UX, motion/prototypers) to help evolve the design language of the platform and solve strategic initiatives and new program challenges quickly and creatively.
• Ability to travel as needed to our SF, LA, or NYC offices to collaborate with colleagues in Product Design and other connected groups
• An online portfolio featuring stunning visual design work that has a focus on digital works, responsive design, and showcases a detailed eye for design.
• Proven ability to contribute to strategic creative projects
• Minimum 3 years experience designing and shipping successful consumer experiences in a fast-paced product-centric, technology environment.
• Identifying core goals, success-KPI's and expectations in performance
• Utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques.
• Designing for multiple platforms and screens.
• Defining and evolving design systems.
• Working with a cross-functional team of designers, software engineers, product managers, and business owners through all development phases.
• Delivering engineering-friendly design specifications and documentation.
• Familiarity with version control.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• A conceptual, adaptive, and results-oriented approach to design.
• Sensitivity to handling of studio-based imagery and assets and the many facets of legality associated
• Experience in the business of digital subscription services, commercial advertising and brand campaign is a bonus
• An interest of television, film and entertainment is addressed in the streaming industry.
• Ability to work collaboratively on a team. You approach your work mature, and ego-free; you welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well.
• Ability to work on multiple design projects at once, and manage/communicate your time efficiently.
• Embrace change and ambiguity as an opportunity for design to evolve.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvy600-3-238-180-255-42 in your application.