Senior Product Designer, Globalization
New York, NY
Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch movies, shows, sports and live events. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what's possible. It's an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improving these apps that people use every day.
The DSS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
We are looking for a Product Designer, Globalization to join our expanding team. This is an opportunity to collaborate with the very best in design, product and technology to help shape industry-leading products used by millions across the world.
As a Product Designer, Globalization, you will support the International UXD team in identifying the needs of real users through research, ideation, prototyping, testing, iterating and testing again until they arrive at a solution that exceeds user expectations. Your work will not only have a major impact on this team, but collectively, your work will impact and inspire millions worldwide. This role will focus primarily on user experience, interaction design and user research, but will also require some UI design work.
As a Product Designer, Globalization, you will:
• Follow a user-centered, data-driven design process to clearly understand the motivations and behaviors of our international users, and design intuitive solutions that help them meet their goals
• Partner closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including research, engineering and product to find elegant and practical solutions
• Partner with researchers to validate solutions and practice evidence-based design
• Act as a localization subject matter expert for the rest of the design team, providing design guidance, documenting and socializing best practices
• Rapidly concept multiple solutions at varied levels of fidelity, from sketches to wireframes to interactive prototypes, understanding the proper level of fidelity required to communicate your point of view and elicit the right type of feedback for the project stage
• Adhere to our design system and brand guidelines, ensuring a high-level of quality, establishing a consistent look and feel throughout the product, and only diverging when the need is validated
• Work well autonomously, self-managing and taking ownership of work, from discovery to production, but also able to take direction and work within parameters
• Actively participate in feedback loops from design crits to 1:1s
• Embrace change and ambiguity, viewing it as an opportunity not a blocker
Our ideal Product Designer, Globalization is:
• Aware of the need to meet our users where they are in order to understand cultural norms, behavior and motivations, acknowledging that context is fundamental in designing the right solution that takes a product from desirable to meaningful
• Collaborative, working well within a team environment as an individual contributor with direction and accountability
• Adaptable and receptive to design feedback
• Comfortable speaking with internal stakeholders, with strong interpersonal skills
• Deadline-oriented and efficient, possessing strong time management skills
• Organized and detail-oriented, carefully reviewing your work at all stages
• Proactive in communicating and documenting project progress, status, and workload
• Up-to-date with emerging design trends and technologies, eager to learn and share with the design team
• 2+ years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies
• A portfolio showcasing your process for problem-solving and interaction design, with particular attention to localization and accessibility best practices
• Experience designing for multiple platforms, particularly connected devices, a huge plus
• Experience utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
• Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Abstract, Zeplin, Figma
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid conceptual and design sense, and able to execute across a range of digital experiences
• Proficiency with prototyping (Principle, Framer, Proto.io) and animation (After Effects) software a plus
• Proficiency in HTML/CSS a plus
• Bonus: Experience designing global products, with knowledge of localization, regional and cultural considerations
• Bonus: Experience designing for and/or fluency in Hebrew, Arabic, or CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you'll have the opportunity to join a team that's beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you've been looking for.
Disney Streaming Services is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.