We are looking for a Solutions Architect that will maintain technology standards, evaluate new technologies and designs to achieve targeted goals in the most economical, scalable, and supportable way for The Walt Disney Company. This individual is required to demonstrate sound Technical Architectural Leadership, excellent relationship and customer facing skills, and will be playing a vital role in designing, enhancing, implementing and scaling application platforms that use a variety of both internal and external services.
The Solutions Architect will think strategically when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. They will excel in the areas of integration, scalability, build vs buy decisions, and operating cost optimization. They will be adept at influencing change in the organization through technical prowess, leadership skills and relationship skills. This role is responsible for ensuring the overall success of current and future offerings to promote high availability, scalability, with a high speed of delivery.
• The Solutions Architect will serve as a technical bridge between the business teams and technical teams to produce technical solutions that support the business initiatives
• The Solutions Architect will work closely with Technical Architects, Engineering, Product, Program and Operations team members to ensure that the design and technical architectural direction for products are in line with supporting key business segment initiatives
• The Solutions Architect will translate single solutions into repeatable patterns that can be leveraged across the portfolio of services
• Continually strives to deliver operational excellence by leveraging the deep understanding of the end to end use cases to assist the teams with test automation, creation of synthetic tests and production support
• Provides documentation, training and support to all teams managing the service
• Drives technical designs to consensus and approval. Designs solutions for specific use cases that provide frameworks, interfaces and services that can be extended and reused for future requirements
• Reviews external technologies and products for their applicability to specific project or roadmap requirements. Is able to compare various solutions and select the one most appropriate for the project and company
• A proactive, self-starter with strong presentation skills
• Architect system solutions leveraging your experience with cloud technologies as well as internal data centers
• Demonstrates expertise and leadership in working with business units, product management, development and operations to architect innovative solutions that meet the requirements with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to architectural goals and principles
• Experience with architecting high-volume web systems or large transaction client-server systems
• Excellent communication and relationship skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to both technical and non-technical staff; ability to articulate business issues/concerns with staff, peers, superiors, and outside parties (e.g. vendors, partners)
• Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
• Experience with REST, Linux, RDBMS
• Experience with PHP, Python, MS-SQL, and NoSQL fundamentals
• Experience with developing backend systems to support mobile devices
• Ability to contribute to, and balance delivery against, multiple projects/demands simultaneously
• Able to work effectively across multiple disparate teams and timezones.
• 10+ years experience in requirements analysis, design, development, unit testing and operation of distributed, fault-tolerant applications with particular attention to security, scalability, high performance, and cost optimization
• Very strong technical leadership and ability to command respect at all levels of the organization
• Strong curiosity about how Disney delivers the Magic and a desire to be a part of it
Hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field
Hold a Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4wq4q-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.