Disney Streaming Advanced Research (DSAR) is part of Disney Streaming Services, the division responsible for the complete technical platform for the Disney direct-to-consumer streaming video products. The DSAR team pioneers advanced application features, with a focus on voice, spatial computing, and machine learning to be enjoyed and loved by millions of viewers. We perform longrunning research projects and create high-fidelity prototypes to demonstrate future innovations.
We are looking for a Principal, Creative Development to lead creation of spatial content for immersive XR experiences. Together with the front-end engineers, you will be responsible for creating best-in-class deliverables that are presented for buy-in to senior leadership within Disney Streaming. An ideal design candidate also has technical mastery in spatial computing development pipelines, and can creatively translate the Disney universe into immersive experiences that delight our subscribers worldwide.
• Creative Lead in designing new DTC application features
• Partner with Research engineers and UX designers as Creative Lead in generating facial caricature, expressive pose, and real-time puppeteering features for consumer devices
• Lead a team rigging high-definition 3D models and environments in a real-time, volumetric video context
• Rapidly ideate and produce a wide range of visual concepts and directions
• Construct pitch decks and working prototypes using the Disney+ Dev Platform
• 10+ years professional experience as Creative Lead for story-driven, interactive, and/or consumer-facing spatial experiences with a highly technical component
• Expert experience in a variety of digital creation tools, including 3D. (Maya, Photoshop, After Effects, Blender, Unreal Engine, Unity)
• Ability to lead team to model, rig, shade, light, and animate 3D assets
• Ability to create textures and materials
• Exceptional visual and written communication skills
• You collaborate well with a team to work towards ideal solutions
• You have the ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
• You are proactive about communicating project status, progress and workload
• You are a well-rounded design-engineer with mastery in multiple areas
• Empathy for your users and the ability to design products to elegantly solve their problems
• Professional experience with digital media/entertainment and associated platforms
• Experience with shipping consumer-friendly interactive experiences.
• Ability to innovate, think outside of the conventional solutions
Fine Arts degree (MFA preferred), ideally in 3D Game Design, Interactive, or Architecture (or similar field) or equivalent on-the-job experience.