Manager, Motion Product Design
San Francisco, CA
Disney Streaming Services is changing how people watch movies, shows, sports and live events. Our mission is to create the best entertainment experience and push the envelope of what's possible. It's an incredibly exciting time to work in streaming media as more content creators seek how to engage their audience with compelling user experiences. The design team has a pivotal role in giving form to those ideas and continually improving these apps that people use every day.
About the Team
The DSS design team is a growing practice of multi-disciplinary creators and storytellers. We are passionate about building high-quality, innovative and authentic experiences that connect people with the content they love. We work where art meets science, exploring ideas by using the power of design to make the invisible visible. We believe in doing things that matter, cultivating a culture of diverse perspectives and collaboration. We celebrate our wins, but never settle.
• As a Principal Product Designer you will:
• Follow a user-centered, data-driven design process to clearly understand the motivations and behaviors of our international users, and design intuitive solutions that help them meet their goals
• Design complex multi-state and conditional experiences for a diverse audience. • Partner closely with multi-disciplinary teams, including research, engineering, product and business to find elegant and practical solutions
• Partner with researchers to validate solutions and practice evidence-based design
• Rapidly ideate potential solutions and convey initial creative ideas and concepts; at various levels of fidelity using sketches, mockups and prototypes.
• Support and abide by the governance of our design system; evangelizing its adoption with designers and engineers.
• Present your designs in the language of partners, stakeholders and people outside of design.
• Initiate research studies with your users to uncover product opportunities and validate solutions; and engage your peers from engineering, product and design in the research process.
• Partner with cross-functional peers and collaborate to achieve viable, feasible and desirable solutions as a team.
• Identify areas for improvement in our operations in people development, process & workflow, and design technology. Partner with DesignOps in creating an action plan.
Our Ideal Principal Product Designer, International Is:
• Driven by the need to meet our users where they are in order to understand cultural norms, behavior and motivations, acknowledging that context is fundamental in design in the right solution that takes a product from desirable to meaningful
• Able to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
• Capable of consulting stakeholders & partners on how to uncover project goals, constraints & dependencies; and then guide them to optimal solutions.
• Strategic- you can translate strategies into inspiring concepts and successful executions.
Our Ideal Principal Product Designer, International Has:
• 8+ years experience designing & shipping software
• A portfolio showcasing your process for problem-solving, visual and interaction design, with particular attention to localization, inclusivity and accessibility best practices
• Experience designing for multiple platforms, particularly connected devices, a huge plus
• Experience creating minimum viable products, utilizing rapid prototyping and iterative design techniques
• Expert skills in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Abstract, Zeplin
• Proficiency with prototyping (Principle, Framer, Proto.io) and animation (After Effects) software a plus
• Proficiency in HTML/CSS a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong conceptual and design sense, and able to execute across a range of digital experiences
• Bachelor's degree in design or related field required
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.