Network Operations provides first line support and troubleshooting for large scale production issues as well as implementing Data Center builds. Working closely with both the Network Engineering team and systems operations, network operations ensures maximum uptime of services and speedy resolution of all issues.
Network Operations Engineers are expected to be well versed in numerous networking protocols, technologies and troubleshooting methodology. Utilizing this unique skill set, NetOps provide first line support to all departments with regards to traffic flow and network issues / inquiries. NetOps is also responsible for populating new DC builds in terms of configurations and documentation, and support the needs of other teams with regards to their specific technologies.
• Work with Network Engineering to implement Data Center Builds
• Produce accurate and easily parsable documentation for any new builds or procedures
• Performing routine hardware and software upgrades and configurations
• Provide first line support for all network issues
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field or equivalent practical experience
• CCNA certification preferred
• Experience with routing and switching technologies in datacenter networks
• Demonstrated expertise and understanding of the TCP/IP protocol suite
• Thorough understanding and practical experience of routing protocols and switching technologies including PIM Multicast
• Substantial experience administering Cisco product lines (IOS, IOS-XE, IOS-XR and NXOS)
• Strong knowledge of firewall technologies
• Working knowledge of both Cisco Campus and VXLAN environments
• Knowledge of network and information security practices with specific regard to cisco ASA operation
• Working knowledge of Layer 3 routing protocols: BGP, EIGRP, etc.
• Experience with Linux
• Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings. This includes occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkw94q-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.