- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionJob Summary
On any given day at Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology, we're reimagining ways to create magical viewing experiences for the world's most beloved stories while also transforming our media business for the future. Whether that's evolving our streaming and digital products in new and immersive ways, powering worldwide advertising and distribution to enhance flexibility and efficiency, or delivering Disney's unmatched entertainment and sports content, every day is a moment to make a difference to partners and to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
A few reasons why we think you'd love working here:
• Building the future of Disney's media: DE&E Technologists are designing and building the infrastructure that will power our media, advertising, and distribution businesses for years to come.
• Reach & Scale: The products and platforms this group builds and operates delight millions of consumers every minute of every day – from Disney+ and Hulu, to ABC News and Entertainment, to ESPN and ESPN+, and much more.
• Innovation: We develop and implement groundbreaking products and techniques that shape industry norms and enhance how audiences experience sports, entertainment & news.
Engineering Services designs, builds, and sustains technology that powers DE&E Technology's worldwide content production and distribution platforms. In doing so, they contribute to a series of cross-functional services and technologies, including Quality Assurance, Data Analytics, Software Development, Broadcast Infrastructure, and Networking & Security.
• As a member of the Infrastructure Engineering organization, the Network Engineer II will help deploy, secure, scale, and automate the enterprise and production networks in a dynamic, fast-paced, technologically advanced broadcast and content distribution environment.
• The organization is tasked with improving workflow efficiency through the use of innovative technology solutions. Our partners demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. Our industry is evolving at a tremendous rate and it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network. As a result, we are transitioning to a service-provider model to include 10G, 40G and 100G network capabilities. Automation is an important component of driving efficiency and the team is responsible for conceiving, developing and deploying tools to support our network infrastructure.
• As a Network Engineer II you will be responsible for the scaling of current network designs to meet the needs of the business. You will work closely with our Network Architects, Transport, Security Engineers and internal partners on designs/solutions, bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production. You will create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
• Work within a team of technical resources to support the work from the Architectural, Engineering and Operation teams to manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol enterprise and production networks.
• Ensures 24x7 operational support and maintenance of applications. Support in carrying out Network Engineering tasks as assigned.
• Interacts and communicates with supervisor and peers. Receives and transmits routine information requiring some explanation or interpretation, typically to members of a single technical team.
• Ability to resolve network issues with a low to moderate degree of complexity while following established procedures or analyzing data to diagnose and identify root causes when necessary, to resolve network issues or complete assignments.
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic, initiative and the ability to aggressively and effectively troubleshoot problems and perform root cause analysis.
• Collaborate with the business to understand requirements and how to meet these requirements.
• Responsible for Incident Management ensuring that incidents are effectively escalated, managed, and resolved with full communication of status, plans, and actions to management and customers.
• Participate on small to medium application and infrastructure implementation projects and ensure the result conforms to network architecture standards.
• Work with technology vendors to assess software and hardware bugs and implement necessary fixes.
• Communicate with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels to diagnose, explain and resolve problems for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Troubleshoot daily live content transport and compression delivery issues as they arise.
• Extraordinary influencer who is skilled at connecting the dots at the organization, strategy, program, project, and event levels. Able to persuade and change the thinking of others without damaging relationships.
• Comfort working in a fast-paced, growth environment with minimal direction, delivering under tight deadlines while multitasking, prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to team members.
• Able to operate with limited resources, exhibit dispassionate critical-thinking, and creatively solve problems. Motivated and inventive, always finds a way forward-eternal optimist with a committed drive for contributing and making a difference.
• Any other duties needed to help achieve business objectives, including participating in an on-call rotation.
• Bachelor's degree or greater in field such as Computer Science or Information Technology
• 3+ years of technical experience in network, security, or transport related fields.
• Strong proven hands-on technical experience with technologies and concepts Including zone-based firewalls, web application firewalls, application delivery controllers, remote access solutions, switches, routers, compression hardware and NAT translation hardware.
• Experience and fundamental knowledge of transport, network and internet routing concepts, security policies and peering; specifically, BGP, OSCP, TCP/IP, IDS/IPS, DWMD.
• Experience with protocol analysis, transport analysis, network flow analysis, and packet capture devices.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic, content driven environment and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving business requirements.
• Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively to ensure tight deadlines are met.
• Experience in the media or digital content distribution industries.
• Working understanding of enterprise architecture principles, industry standards and best practices.
• Knowledge of risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies.
• Experience in scripting with Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell, C or C++
• Maintain broad skills in multiple technical domains such as server, storage, desktop, security, transport and network infrastructure.
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, Hulu embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The hiring range for this position that can be located in California is $102,500 to $137,500 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, jo
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx2eoj-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.