We are currently looking for a Network Reliability Engineer who is passionate about all areas of network engineering and automation. The role is to be a leader within a dynamic team in support of the company's streaming services. The Network Reliability Engineer, as a part of a team, is responsible for developing workflows and applications in order to promote the reliability of the network. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to best of breed technologies as well as establish themselves in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
• Network Management Tooling for Configuration and Monitoring
• Failure Analysis and Automated Remediation
• Create and maintain documentation for NRE tools
• Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
• 3+ years working in Network Automation and/or Development
• Experience configuring routers and switches
• Experience automating network deployments and configurations
• Experience programming in Python
• Familiarity with a Python Web Application Framework, for example Flask or Django.
• Familiarity with database management and communications
• Familiarity with web services technologies such as REST and gRPC
• Development of a CI/CD Environment.
• Knowledgeable in network security procedures and best practices.
• Familiarity with leveraging vendor APIs to configure and gather data from network devices.
• Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
• Experience with Linux-based operating systems
• Working knowledge of the following Ansible
• Experience with a workflow automation tool such as Jenkins and Airflow.
• Experience with container virtualization technologies.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
• Excellent customer presentation skills.
• Bachelor's degree (preferably engineering related)
• A solid understanding of network virtualization landscape along with their supporting technologies. E.g. VRFs and VXLAN
• Experience with Web UI Development
• Experience in multi-vendor network topologies
• Experience with Linux based routing daemons such as BIRD and FRR
• Experience in either the media or web scale sectors.
• A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez368-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.