Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology (DEE) is to delight consumers worldwide with the news, entertainment, and sports content they want most, with more choice, personalization, and convenience than ever before.
DEE Technology is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; Disney+, the Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; global advertising sales and ad technology for all of Disney's media properties, including ABC, ESPN, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic, and the Disney Channels; HotStar, the leading over-the-top streaming service in India; and the Company's majority ownership stake in Hulu.
• As a member of the Infrastucture Engineering organization, the Network Engineer II will help deploy, secure, scale, and automate the enterprise and production networks in a dynamic, fast-paced, technologically advanced broadcast and content distribution environment.
• The organization is tasked with improving workflow efficiency through the use of innovative technology solutions. Our partners demand the highest quality and reliability for their services. Our industry is evolving at a tremendous rate and it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network. As a result, we are transitioning to a service-provider model to include 10G, 40G and 100G network capabilities. Automation is an important component of driving efficiency and the team is responsible for conceiving, developing and deploying tools to support our network infrastructure.
• As a Network Engineer II you will be responsible for the scaling of current network designs to meet the needs of the business. You will work closely with our Network Architects, Transport, Security Engineers and internal partners on designs/solutions, bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production. You will create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Work within a team of technical resources to support the work from the Architectural, Engineering and Operation teams to manage and maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol enterprise and production networks.
• Ensures 24x7 operational support and maintenance of applications. Support in carrying out Network Engineering tasks as assigned.
• Interacts and communicates with supervisor and peers. Receives and transmits routine information requiring some explanation or interpretation, typically to members of a single technical team.
• Ability to resolve network issues with a low to moderate degree of complexity while following established procedures or analyzing data to diagnose and identify root causes when necessary, to resolve network issues or complete assignments.
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic, initiative and the ability to aggressively and effectively troubleshoot problems and perform root cause analysis.
• Collaborate with the business to understand requirements and how to meet these requirements.
• Responsible for Incident Management ensuring that incidents are effectively escalated, managed, and resolved with full communication of status, plans, and actions to management and customers.
• Participate on small to medium application and infrastructure implementation projects and ensure the result conforms to network architecture standards.
• Work with technology vendors to assess software and hardware bugs and implement necessary fixes.
• Communicate with both internal and external contacts at a variety of organizational levels to diagnose, explain and resolve problems for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Troubleshoot daily live content transport and compression delivery issues as they arise.
• Extraordinary influencer who is skilled at connecting the dots at the organization, strategy, program, project, and event levels. Able to persuade and change the thinking of others without damaging relationships.
• Comfort working in a fast-paced, growth environment with minimal direction, delivering under tight deadlines while multitasking, prioritizing projects, and communicating priority updates to team members.
• Able to operate with limited resources, exhibit dispassionate critical-thinking, and creatively solve problems. Motivated and inventive, always finds a way forward-eternal optimist with a committed drive for contributing and making a difference.
• Any other duties needed to help achieve business objectives, including participating in an on-call rotation.
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• Bachelor's degree or greater in field such as Computer Science or Information Technology and 3+ years of technical experience in network, security, or transport related fields.
• Strong proven hands-on technical experience with technologies and concepts Including zone-based firewalls, web application firewalls, application delivery controllers, remote access solutions, switches, routers, compression hardware and NAT translation hardware.
• Experience and fundamental knowledge of transport, network and internet routing concepts, security policies and peering; specifically, BGP, OSCP, TCP/IP, IDS/IPS, DWMD.
• Experience with protocol analysis, transport analysis, network flow analysis, and packet capture devices.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic, content driven environment and developing flexible solutions to meet evolving business requirements.
• Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to multitask and manage time effectively to ensure tight deadlines are met.
• Experience in the media or digital content distribution industries.
• Working understanding of enterprise architecture principles, industry standards and best practices.
• Knowledge of risk assessment procedures, policy formation, role-based authorization methodologies, authentication technologies and security attack pathologies.
• Experience in scripting with Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell, C or C++
• Maintain broad skills in multiple technical domains such as server, storage, desktop, security, transport and network infrastructure.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $102,500 to $137,500 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology (DE&E Technology) provides the technological backbone and product development for Disney's two media business units, while helping to keep the company at the vanguard of innovation – enabling the Company to continuously leverage technology to enhance storytelling and creativity, while delivering scalability, flexibility, and efficiency for its businesses.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9vkk9-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.