Disney Streaming Services is a global leader in delivering direct-to-consumer live and on demand entertainment at scale and a leading licensee of OTT sports and eSports rights. DSS owns and operates a growing portfolio of direct-to-consumer video streaming services, including the NHL, PGA TOUR, and MLS, ESPN-branded multi-sport service. By driving technological innovations in live sports and on demand video, BAMTECH Media's mission is to give global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. A subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, DSS is headquartered in New York, with European headquarters in Amsterdam.
• Creates, improves and maintains financial models to forecast and analyze technology operating expenses across Disney Streaming and Hulu
• Partners with Accounting on actualizing P&Ls and provide monthly actual vs. plan variance analyses and financial performance reports
• Builds the Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan, and current year forecasts including the accompanying senior management presentations.
• Partners with Technology business leaders to align their tech operating and budget requirements and improve forecast accuracy
• Prepares and presents ad-hoc reports, special projects, and presentations for various internal stakeholders and senior leaders including Technology, Product, and Business Operations
• Partners with Technology and Product teams on a daily basis to inform financial deliverables and provide financial insights/recommendations on tech and product initiatives; for example, cross-functional partnership is critical in order to ensure internally developed software forecast is aligned with product roadmap, and at a higher level, senior management's goals.
• Manages third party data and leverages data for internal financial modeling and original analyses
• Collaborates effectively across organizations to facilitate financial and operational process unification as the business scales and streamlines functions
• Identifies opportunities to enhance existing processes and propose the use of new practices in line with Corporate policies
• Minimum of 4-5 years of finance or management consulting experience required, preferably in technology and/or media
• Strong financial modeling and analytical abilities
• Excellent computer skills, including advanced Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong communications skills, well equipped to speak to various levels of management across finance and technology teams in order to shape and implement necessary processes enterprise-wide and influence stakeholders
• Strong grasp of financial and data management/visualization systems; ability to learn new systems quickly
• Highly collaborative with strong problem solving, interpersonal and project management skills
• Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and a strong sense of urgency
• A self-starter with the ability to quickly learn new concepts, new systems/databases, solve ambiguous problems, and implement solutions
• MBA, CPA, or other advanced degree or certification
• 5+ years of related work experience in FP&A or public accounting
• Experience working with senior executives, including leaders outside of Finance and Accounting
• Experience using SAP, Cognos TM1, Hyperion or other enterprise financial systems
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpx3n4-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.