Disney Streaming's Android team is seeking an experienced Software Engineering Manager that is excited to build apps enjoyed by millions around the world. You will play an important role in building scalable, elegant solutions for the Android applications on Disney+, Star+, and Hulu across a wide array of devices including phones, tablets, and TVs. Our highly collaborative group works in tandem with many cross-functional teams. We value pristine communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as a bias for action. We are incredibly invested in maintaining high code quality standards with unit tests, automated tests, modern libraries, and a Kotlin codebase. We strive to build the best Live and Video on Demand (VOD) applications in the world, and we look forward to hearing more about your skills and how they can help us achieve this lofty goal.
As a Manager on the Android Engineering team at Disney Streaming, you are technically driven and aspire to support our team members. You care deeply about fostering a culture of inclusivity, productivity, and growth. You will meet regularly with your direct reports and guide them along their career path. You are excited at the idea of building a phenomenal team with our hiring process and are comfortable closing top talent. You are passionate about the Android platform and strive to build best-in-class products. While familiar with the high-level aspects of our project as a whole, you are also focused on monitoring the health of the team. You are a role model for the Android team. You are capable of identifying the project, people, and organizational issues and providing well-thought-out solutions to them. You not only seek out leadership opportunities to improve processes, but you do it with finesse and a positive attitude.
• 5+ years of production experience with Kotlin and the Android SDK
• Significant past experience leading teams and managing people
• Pristine communication skills and someone who can collaborate effectively across teams
• You have a history of writing high-quality code, tests, and documentation
• Ability to successfully manage teams dispersed amongst multiple time zones
• Demonstrated successful partnership with stable counterparts
• Exemplify diversity, inclusion, and belonging in leadership
• Ability to navigate complex corporate environments and influence key stakeholders and partners
• Experience with modern android development frameworks
• Well-versed in different architectural patterns (MVI/MVVM or equivalent)
• Experience developing or leading teams in the streaming field
• Used one or more video streaming applications
• Computer science education or equivalent experience
• Passionate about open source and developer tools
• Experience working on systems at a massive consumer scale
• Experience working with global teams
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj95zw-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.