Locations: NYC, San Francisco or Los Angeles area
Star+ is Disney's latest Direct-to-Consumer standalone streaming service, launching summer 2021 throughout Latin America. The service will be the exclusive streaming home for general entertainment TV series and movies from The Walt Disney Company's content studios, including Disney Television Studios, FX, 20th Century Studios, 20th Television, Touchstone, and the home for streaming live sports from ESPN. The service will have over 10,000 live sports events per year, including an all-star portfolio of soccer leagues, Grand Slam tennis, and more, along with on-demand studio content and high-quality original programming from ESPN.
Given the challenges that come with a global subscriber base that continues to scale, we are heavily investing in building growth and acquisition product capabilities that can be leveraged across all of Disney's Direct-to-Consumer streaming services.
We are looking for a Manager, Product Management to lead our product team focused on maximizing subscriber growth for Star+. This product leader will need to evaluate acquisition entry points and identify improvements and innovations that continually drive an increase in subscribers. This role requires creativity, discipline, and an ability to manage many disparate threads at the same time. Your intrinsic understanding of how to compromise and negotiate with others in the spirit of partnership with an eye constantly turned towards delivery will lead to your greatest success.
The ideal candidate has strong communication skills, extremely collaborative, flexible in the work they do, obsesses about the customer, forms strong yet loosely held opinions, and can build trust with all areas of the business. We value passionate product leadership that drives with discipline and attention to detail.
• Collaborate with cross-functional team of business stakeholders to define and drive product strategy for subscriber acquisition
• Work with local market research teams to drive customer discovery to successfully be the voice of the user.
• Contribute to a product roadmap that accomplishes business/customer goals and aligns with the team charter and tenets
• Align product strategy with Disney+ and ESPN+ growth roadmaps
• Work with the research analyst team to synthesize quantitative and qualitative user data to inform key product decisions that address user needs.
• You have a successful 7+ year history of product management and software delivery
• You have at least 2+ years' experience leading a team of direct reports
• You demonstrate strong strategic aptitude, clear thinking and communicating, and great decision making
• You're scrappy and resourceful, with no fear of getting your hands dirty and an impulse to be the first to tackle any challenge.
• You've led effective product sessions culminating in technical requirements ready for development
• You demonstrate a strong attention to detail, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• You have experience balancing dependencies across numerous initiatives and complex project plans
• You have demonstrated your ability to use data to drive decisions and back up assumptions and recommendations
• You have a ''driver'' personality - constantly pushing toward clarity and successful delivery.
• You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
• You excel at coordinating multiple projects at a time
• You have an ability to make quick decisions to solve complex technical and operational challenges
• You value teamwork, and have the leadership skills to make it happen
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22976-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.