Manager Paid Media
New York, NY
Manager, Paid Search (SEM) – APAC
Location: NYC (but remote until TBD)
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth to Disney Streaming Services. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel. The successful candidate will bring a highly analytical, creative, and flexible growth mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel.
Important Note: this role works with our international teams and the required work hours are set up to accommodate the different time zones
• Three days a week working New York business hours (Mon, Weds, Fri)
• Two days a week working APAC hours (Tues, Thurs)
• Tuesday Evenings 3pm-11pm EST
• Thursday Mornings 7am-3pm EST
• Oversee and manage a team in the development and implementation SEM strategies to drive global subscriber acquisition, conversion & efficiency in Asia markets
• Coordinate with cross-regional teams and manage multiple countries within the APAC region
• Supervise the management of SEM strategy and manage within existing channels (i.e. Google Ads, Bing, Apple Search Ads, Yahoo! And Naver)
• Lead strategy, campaign structure, optimizations, and ad copy
• Help develop team members, mentor and educate on the latest search advancements
• Optimize budget across platforms and tactics to deliver positive return on marketing spend
• Track, monitor, and optimize performance against key KPIs
• Expertise on campaign & bid management, keywords development, etc.
• Support ongoing landing page experimentation and testing
• Develop bidding strategy and rule development for efficient spending and optimization
• Recommend new paid search tactics, concepts, and approaches to inform broader marketing strategy
• Excellent strategic planning skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact paid search campaigns and initiatives
• Responsible for risk management and QA process
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products/businesses supported by a proven large-scale media property
• 6+ years paid search experience
• 2+ years of people management experience
• Expected Hours to be shifted to accommodate Asia time zones
• 2 days working APAC hours, 3 days working US NY hours.
• NY hours – Mon, Weds, Fri
• APAC hours – Tues, Thurs
• Tuesday Evenings: 3pm-11pm EST
• Thursday Mornings: 7am-3pm EST
• Bilingual or multilingual preferred (English + Mandarin, Cantonese, Taiwanese)
• Hands on experience with Google suite (i.e. CM, Search Ads 360)
• Must have experience with direct response campaigns
• Global/international media buying experience, specifically with the APAC region
• Ability to strategically assess opportunities and make data driven decisions resulting in tangible improvements in performance
• Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
• Certification in AdWords, MSFT, and Apple Search ads preferred
• Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnxe0m-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.