Full Time Job
Manager, Original Production Scripted
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Working with the VP of Programming & Production, this role is responsible for the development and production original scripted series for the Media Networks at TWDC Spain, with a focus on Disney + and the General Entertainment service. The responsibilities also include full commissions as well as co-productions ensuring timely, efficient, on-brand delivery of new and returning long form series at the maximum level of quality permitted by budgeted local 5YP production assumptions. Leads creative (incl. sourcing ideas, talent, editorial, production) for greenlit productions as well as ongoing development.
• Oversee the development and production of original television scripted series for TWDC Spain, with a focus on Disney + and General Entertainment.
• In collaboration with VP Programming & Production, set the strategy for the scripted needs for original production in the territory.
• Ensure there is collaboration with this team and with programming and production teams to identify scripted projects.
• Responsible for delivering projects on budget and within the required timeline.
• Manage/develop relationships with the creative community (writers, directors, producers, etc.) and 3rd party production companies.
• Day to day management of the development team, executive producers and production managers ensuring clarity in the brief, constructive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and delivery of top quality original productions.
• Potentially overseeing some unscripted projects as and when the need occurs.
• Ensure quality level of originals is in line with the brands.
4 to 6 years in scripted development and commissioning as well as production experience.
Executive production experience on scripted projects necessary.
Proven track record of projects developed and executive produced necessary.
Clear-thinking, straightforward approach to creative problem-solving and decision making.
Strong ability to build working relationships with other Disney departments and executives, and with external partners.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Spanish and English.
Detailed working knowledge of both scripted development and production processes.
Time management and organizational skills.
Strong and established relationships with creative community.
Willingness to travel to studios and industry events across EMEA and globally.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Iberia S.L., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ and Disney+.