We are currently looking for a Manager of Network Engineering who is passionate about all areas of data networking. The role is to be a leader within a dynamic team in support of the company's streaming services. The Manager of Network Engineer, as the leader of a team, is responsible for all aspects of a project necessary to achieve successful implementation. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to best of breed technologies as well as establish themselves in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
• Design, configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN and security equipment and related services.
• Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves networking problems as they arise.
• Work with the Engineering and Operation teams to define and document network standards and architecture.
• Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration
• Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
• 10+ years working in Internet related fields, and an advanced understanding of TCP/IP.
• Cisco NX-OS, IOS-XR, and IOS-XE expertise.
• Experience in selecting, testing, and deploying networking hardware and software.
• Extensive experience with Arista Data Center networking.
• Expert level knowledge in large-scale IP networking technologies and protocols such as MP-BGP, OSPF, VRF, VXLAN, EVPN, QoS, GRE, and IPSEC
• Knowledgeable in network engineering procedures, best practices, and implementation of network documentation and diagramming.
• Experience with multicast configuration and troubleshooting.
• Ability to efficiently resolve network issues with varying degrees of complexity.
• Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
• Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize projects according to organizational direction.
• Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
• Excellent customer presentation skills.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably engineering related, or relevant work experience.
• Current industry certifications are preferred
• Experience with network automation tools and scripting are highly desired.
• Experience in multi-vendor network topologies
• Experience in either the media or web scale sectors.
• A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies.
• AVI, or comparable software, load balancing experience.
• Working experience of the following: EIGRP, IP Multicast, HSRP, STP, LACP, Packet capturing tools, TCP/IP, Linux, NAT, and IPv6.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p9w3-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.