Manager, Corporate Strategy & BD, APAC (Content Planning & Analysis)
Disney Entertainment (DE) is one of the three major business segments of The Walt Disney Company, consisting of Disney's entertainment media and content businesses, including its motion picture film studios, Disney General Entertainment Content, streaming services, and overseas media businesses.
Disney Entertainment in APAC had built a high-quality slate of local content since Disney+ launch, including a few major breakout hits such as Moving, The Worst of Evil, Big Bet, Gannibal. Local/regional content has become a key acquisition and engagement driver for the TWDC's Direct-to-Consumer business.
The Content Planning & Analysis (CP&A) function is part of the APAC regional corporate strategy team. The CP&A team collaborates closely with stakeholders across Disney Entertainment (DE) segment local content, finance, Director-to-Consumer, data analytics, research, operations, marketing, and programming teams.
This position will develop analysis and strategy for the regional/local content of the Disney SVOD service in APAC, focusing on Korean content (including originals, currents, and licensed content). It will also provide strategic insights, support investment decisions, and facilitate the content greenlighting process. The role requires strong problem-solving and analytical skills, excellent teamwork, effective English communication, and the ability to collaborate across a diverse range of stakeholders, including multiple levels of business and functional teams.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
• Generate insights, conduct analysis, and form strategic recommendations to help leaders make content investment and programming-related decisions
• Provide the organization with deep and ongoing understanding/analyses of content market trends, audience preference, and competitive analysis
• Conduct and interpret analyses of content performance trends, generally using Excel to clean, manipulate, and interpret large sets of financial and performance data
• Work with DTC, content, finance, and legal teams to support/facilitate the local/regional content greenlight process
• Track and report the performance of local/regional content
• Support the formation of the overall APAC strategy and other strategic value-added analyses around business needs
• Be the primary contact for the consumer research effort for Korea, including collecting and analyzing market/industry data, collaborating with the global/APAC insight team to support the primary research effort, etc.
• Create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings and recommendations to senior-level executives
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• 8+ years of experience, 3-6 years of experience in a top management consulting firm and/or media/entertainment/tech company in a strategy/business development/content planning & analysis function
• Strong problem-solving skills. Highly analytical and strong, effective communicators who can also thrive in fast-paced and high-pressure environments
• Passion for all forms of content and foundational knowledge of the streaming landscape in APAC
• Candidates should possess intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results, and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity
• Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and able to work effectively in collaborative and autonomous environment
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis, including strong Excel modeling skills and experience with the application of formulas
• Superior organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; ability to execute against multiple, high-priority projects and manage expectations of stakeholders
• Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative spirit
• Degree from a top-tier university
• MBA from a top business school and/or quantitatively oriented master preferred
• Prior experience in collaborating with teams based in the US and different APAC locations preferred
• Full professional proficiency in both English and Korean
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Korea), LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (APAC).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj4jx1-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.