Developer Platform Engineering is a distributed group that owns internal tools used to provision, build, deploy, and operate the services that make up Disney Streaming's products. Built for AWS with a variety of open source software, our services are used by hundreds of engineering teams across the company. We strive to act as a productivity multiplier by offering our customers rich components for delivering their services, allowing them to focus more on product.
As a manager in Developer Platform Engineering you will help cultivate an environment where people can do their best work through strategic thinking, coaching, and career advocacy. You will own the delivery and quality of your team's commitments to its customers and collaborate across the organization to ensure appropriate prioritization. You should have a passion for servant leadership, team building, and empathy-driven development.
This position can be worked remotely or in NYC.
• Support the team in continuously improving the organization's tools and best practices for owning and operating software
• Hire and nurture distributed engineers through mentorship and career advocacy
• Enable data-driven prioritization and decision-making for your team through cross-organizational communication
• Encourage individual decision-making amongst your team to support growth opportunities for your directs
• Foster an open environment of mutual support and engineering effectiveness
• Care deeply about coaching, mentoring, and growing the careers of your team members
• 5 to 7 years of technical experience, including 2+ years in an engineering leadership role
• Have a technical track record that speaks to your team's problem space, and allows you to offer them guidance
• Self-learner, independent, and have excellent problem-solving skills
• Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
• Experience CI systems (e.g. Jenkins, GitLab CI, Circle CI)
• Experience with software containers (e.g. Docker, rkt, runC) and schedulers (e.g. ECS, Kubernetes, Nomad)
• Experience with artifact repositories (e.g. Artifactory, Nexus, Archiva)
• Experience with code scanning systems (e.g. SonarQube, Checkmarx, Snyk)
• Experience with Java, Groovy, Python, and/or Ruby
• Have led a distributed engineering team
• Have deployed and operated geographically distributed, highly available services
• Engagement with open source community
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbnk1y-3-239-118-166-42 in your application.