Senior Manager, Marketing Partnerships Creative - APAC
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF BUSINESS AND POSITION
This position is responsible for Brand & Franchise Marketing across Southeat Asia for The Walt Disney Company. This role is to uphold stewardship of the image, reputation, identity and integrity for all brands that fall under The Walt Disney Company businesses. This role is also critical in managing Disney/Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic evergreen franchises to maximise consumer engagement and financial performance across the company.
At The Walt Disney Company, our enviable position of brand strength is the result of careful and deliberate management of our brands. Maintaining trust with consumers and stakeholders is of paramount importance, and it is the responsibility of everyone at the Company to help protect our brand reputation. Corporate Brand Management in Burbank, in close collaboration with the business segments, local brand management teams, and other subject matter experts (including Legal, Global Public Policy, GPLS, Corporate Communications, Enterprise Social Responsibility and others) has established guidelines and review processes designed to protect and enhance our reputation. These guidelines and guiding principles apply to all brands and businesses, including ''new-to-Disney'' businesses that came from STAR (with some adjustments to take account of content and IP intended for more mature, adult audiences).
In order for our brand policies to be applied consistently around the world, the role of the Brand & Franchise Manager will be to lead in protecting our corporate identity, as well as brand and franchise marketing in Southeast Asia across the enterprise, including Disney Entertainment (DE) and Disney Parks, Experiences & Products (DPEP) segments.
The Brand & Franchise Manager for SEA sits under the broader Integrated Marketing SEA Team which supports primarily the DE business within The Walt Disney Company to drive above-the-line marketing and promotions through a ''One Disney'' integrated approach.
The role of the Brand & Franchise Manager is to grow brand and franchise affinity in Southeast Asia by working closely with all lines of businesses (Disney+, Studios, Consumer Products, Games & Publishing, Music & Live Events, Disney Cruise Line) and internal teams to identify opportunities for cross-functional collaboration and lead franchise activations that support business between tentpole content releases.
The candidate must be a self-starter who is meticulous, creative and highly organised, with the capability to manage multiple internal & external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is energic and able to efficiently maneuver around independently in a fast-paced environment.
Brand & Franchise Marketing:
• Familiarize with all brands under Disney.
• Work closely with global/APAC brand and franchise teams to map out brand and franchise priorities and develop integrated marketing campaigns to grow brand affinity in SEA.
• Work closely with Integrated Marketing teams in SEA and other lines of businesses to develop best-in-class marketing and promotions across The Walt Disney Company businesses.
• Support the SEA Integrated Marketing teams in their marketing strategy initiatives for Studio and DTC businesses.
• Work with creative team to produce regional franchise campaigns with creative direction and assets.
• Work with the research and insights team to develop brand and franchise study. Present findings and strategize brand and franchise approach based on research.
• Be a Brand custodian by upholding brand guidelines, integrity and restrictions to proactively and effectively communicate this guidance to all business stakeholders.
• Liase with brand teams in home office for guidance and approvals.
• Lead in brand training for the SEA office, and work with local brand trainers in the region.
• A university degree.
• A minimum of 4 to 7 years of experience in brand marketing, preferably in a related industry.
• A strong understanding of brands.
• Demonstrates drive for superior results and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Possess excellent oral, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Positive attitude and able to work independently, but also collaborate as an effective team member in shared knowledge and best practices.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Mac OS.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia), which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (APAC).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rov016-3-239-9-151-42 in your application.
The Walt Disney Company Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.