The Ad Intelligence team is under Ad Platforms and its mission is to transform advertising and Disney's Ad platform with data and AI across TV and streaming video. We build solutions to measure and optimize every aspect of the advertising life cycle. Our tenant is a strong cross-domain team to deliver E2E solutions covering tech areas ranging from machine learning, big data, microservices to data visualization.
Our team is seeking a lead software engineer who will be a core team member for our advertising data platform engineering group. This engineering group focuses on big data infrastructure, operational data, audience solution, inventory forecasting and full funnel measurements as a foundation layer for Disney's addressable Ad Platforms. The right person for this role should have extensive experience on bigdata as well as solid expertise on backend services or full stack.
If you are someone who is proactive, hardworking, and enthusiastic in these domains, this is a phenomenal role for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Build a team of big data and backend engineers to deliver high value projects
• Lead to build components of large-scale data platform for real-time and batch processing, and own features of big data applications to fit evolving business needs
• Lead to build next-gen cloud based big data infrastructure for batch and streaming data applications, and continuously improve performance, scalability and availability
• Balance architectural and design considerations such as performance, scalability, reusability and flexibility issues
• Advocate the best engineering practices, including the use of design patterns, CI/CD, code review and automated test
• Recruit, mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
• Collaborate with program managers, product managers, SDET, and researchers in an open and innovative environment
WHAT TO BRING
• BS or above in computer science or EE
• At least 7 years of professional programming and design experience in Scala, Java, Python etc.
• 3+ years of big data development experience with technical stacks like Spark, Flink, Singlestore, Kafka, Nifi and AWS big data technologies
• Strong knowledge of system / application design and architecture
• Experience of building industry level high available and scalable service
• Experience with processing large amount of data at petabyte level
• Passionate about technologies, and openness to interdisciplinary work
• Demonstrated ability with cloud infrastructure technologies, including Terraform, K8S, Spinnaker, IAM, ALB, and etc.
• Experience with ClickHouse, Druid, Snowflake, Impala, Presto, etc.
• Experience in widely used Web framework (React.js, Vue.js, Angular, etc.) and good knowledge of Web stack HTML, CSS, Webpack
The hiring range for this position in Santa Monica, California is $149,240 to $200,200 per year, in San Francisco, California is $163,400 to $219,200 per year, and in Seattle, Washington is $156,292 to $209,660 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Shared Services.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5n8m7-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.