On any given day at Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology, we're reimagining ways to create magical viewing experiences for the world's most beloved stories while also transforming our media business for the future. Whether that's evolving our streaming and digital products in new and immersive ways, powering worldwide advertising and distribution to enhance flexibility and efficiency, or delivering Disney's unmatched entertainment and sports content, every day is a moment to make a difference to partners and to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
A few reasons why we think you'd love working here:
• Building the future of Disney's media: DE&E Technologists are designing and building the infrastructure that will power our media, advertising, and distribution businesses for years to come.
• Reach & Scale: The products and platforms this group builds and operates delight millions of consumers every minute of every day – from Disney+ and Hulu, to ABC News and Entertainment, to ESPN and ESPN+, and much more.
• Innovation: We develop and implement groundbreaking products and techniques that shape industry norms and enhance how audiences experience sports, entertainment & news.
The Commerce, Growth & Identity (CGI) organization is dedicated to three business-critical areas at Disney that will help transform its media business. We build innovative and cutting-edge capabilities to drive subscriptions, engagement, and monetization across Disney's streaming and digital products. We enable the wide range of Disney brands to connect and engage with consumers through a unified identity, powered by shared services that are trustworthy and seamless to integrate with.
The Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology (DEE&T) Commerce, Growth and Identity Client Engineering organization delivers experiences across Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Star+ built on a common platform and shared technology. We are fast-paced and fast-growing organization that shares knowledge and code for initiatives throughout Disney! Our mission: Building inclusive user-centered experiences that welcome users, guiding them through a seamless journey from login to sign up, and facilitating effortless account management. As a member on DEE&T Web Commerce team you'll build the core sign-up, purchase, and subscription management experiences of our Web platform.
You will serve as a high level technical resource and ''go-to'' person, solving sophisticated technical challenges and finding opportunities to improve systems, products, and services!
• Lead projects where you'll work closely with engineering and product teams to scope and distill product requirements into design and technical specifications.
• Write, maintain, standardize and enforce code quality through test driven development.
• Architect and Design implementations while providing documentation and guidance to other engineers.
• Key contributor to project needs and the evolution of the team's practices; recommending changes in development, coding, maintenance and system standards.
• Applies experiences and exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques to identify, resolve, and develop solutions to a variety of sophisticated tasks involving architectural application changes.
• Supports and mentors senior developers through code reviews, knowledge-sharing, and technical leadership.
• 7+ years experience building highly scalable and performant web applications serving millions of users and requests.
• BS degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
• Experience architecting sophisticated technical changes, to knowledge-share, and get consensus for their solutions.
• Proven track record to define and implement api specifications while collaborating with service teams
• Highly diligent. with the ability to see projects from beginning to end.
• Quickly learn, understand, and adapt to new technologies; identifying root causes and driving solutions to complex problems.
• Ability to support and mentor senior developers by building trust, identifying goals, encouraging, instructing, and providing constructive feedback.
• Shipped production level React/Node.js application with high availability and throughput deployed to cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
• Expert understanding of web accessibility fundamentals
• Expansive industry knowledge with regard to web standards and new technologies
Disney is an equal opportunity employer - Women/Cultural minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
The hiring range for this position in Los Angeles is $149,300 - $200,200 per year, in Seattle and New York is $156,300 - $209,600 per year, and in San Francisco is $163,500 - $219,200 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered
About Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology:
Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology (DE&E Technology) provides the technological backbone and product development for Disney's two media business units, while helping to keep the company at the vanguard of innovation – enabling the Company to continuously leverage technology to enhance storytelling and creativity, while delivering scalability, flexibility, and efficiency for its businesses.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ppj6-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.