On any given day at Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology, we're reimagining ways to create magical viewing experiences for the world's most beloved stories while also transforming our media business for the future. Whether that's evolving our streaming and digital products in new and immersive ways, powering worldwide advertising and distribution to enhance flexibility and efficiency, or delivering Disney's unmatched entertainment and sports content, every day is a moment to make a difference to partners and to hundreds of millions of people around the world.
A few reasons why we think you'd love working here:
• Building the future of Disney's media: DE&E Technologists are designing and building the infrastructure that will power our media, advertising, and distribution businesses for years to come.
• Reach & Scale: The products and platforms this group builds and operates delight millions of consumers every minute of every day – from Disney+ and Hulu, to ABC News and Entertainment, to ESPN and ESPN+, and much more.
• Innovation: We develop and implement groundbreaking products and techniques that shape industry norms and enhance how audiences experience sports, entertainment & news.
Disney Entertainment & ESPN's Product Design team is seeking a Lead Product Designer who will be an exceptional role model to our growing team. You'll guide and mentor a hardworking design team, focused on crafting intuitive and elegant human-centric experiences for the Growth and Commerce user journeys within our product portfolio, notably ESPN Flagship.The right person for this role must have experience in developing both comprehensive and future-forward experiences and a proven ability to inspire and mentor designers to push the boundaries, as well as keeping focus on optimizing the details of current experiences.
What you'll do
• Lead product design for the Growth and Commerce team, supervising the work of at least 1-2 other designers
• Partner with product and engineering to identify requirements, use cases, and user journeys
• Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
• Use data collected from research, user testing, and market analysis to create truly user-centered designs
• Collaborate with a design manager, product manager, and cross-team peers throughout the product development life-cycle to iterate on and deliver a user experience that meets the highest quality bar
• Act as a quality control on the team and make sure documentations are in top shape before delivering to engineers and QAs
• Use a variety of metrics to analyze and continuously improve the user experience
• Mentor and provide design directions for senior, mid-level designers and associate designers
• Exercise ethical decision-making and do what's best for our viewers
• Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first
What you bring
• Bachelor's degree required, MBA or technical degree preferred
• Minimum 7 years in Product Design at a technology company
• Minimum 1 year(s) of experience leading other designers either as a project lead or people manager
• Passion for evolving the design practice; it's people, processes and tools
• Consulting skills to help stakeholders & partners uncover project goals, constraints & dependencies; and then guide them to optimal solutions
• Experience designing across multiple Living Room devices (Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation, Fire TV etc.)
• A strong portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work
• A deep arsenal of design tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, Mural, Keynote)
• Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies
• Outstanding visual design aesthetics combined usable experiences that address problems
• A strong drive in overcoming obstacles to make a product successful
• An understanding of acquisition & conversion, data-informed design
• Experience with experimentation design (A/B, MVT, Usability, etc.)
• Be able to communicate directly with Product Managers, Stakeholders, and Developers to translate their visions and constraints, into beautiful, functional products that will delight our users
• Excellent prioritization and documentation skills
The hiring range for this position in New York is $142,600.00 to $191,100.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney's Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company's best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzb7bn-18-207-129-175-42 in your application.