Hulu's Product Design team is seeking a Lead Product Designer who will be an exceptional role model to our growing team. As a Lead Designer at Hulu, you will help develop new behaviors, features, and improve the usability and utility of existing ones. We're looking for someone who will envision and design experiences that engage, inspire, and delight across mobile, web, and living room platforms .
We're seeking a hardworking Lead Product Designer who wants to define and deliver outstanding features that simplify the lives of our viewers. From planning to design, testing, and rollout, you'll use your design sensibility and strong interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple teams across the company.
We are looking for people that are passionate about working with a groundbreaking, award-winning design team. Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation, and business growth at Hulu to the next level.
What you bring
• 8+ years in Product Design at a technology company
• 1+ year(s) of experience leading other designers either as a project lead or people manager
• Passion for evolving the design practice; it's people, processes and tools
• Consulting skills to help stakeholders & partners uncover project goals, constraints & dependencies; and then guide them to optimal solutions
• Experience designing across multiple Living Room devices (Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation, Fire TV etc.)
• A strong portfolio demonstrating both personal and team-based work
• A deep arsenal of design tools (Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, Mural, Keynote)
• Proficiency in user-centered design thinking methodologies
• Outstanding visual design aesthetics combined usable experiences that tackle problems
• A strong drive in overcoming obstacles to make a product successful
• An understanding of acquisition & conversion, data-informed design
• Experience with experimentation design (A/B, MVT, Usability, etc.)
• Be able to communicate directly with Product Managers, Stakeholders, and Developers to translate their visions and constraints, into beautiful, functional products that will delight our users
• Excellent prioritization and documentation skills
What you'll do
• Lead product design for the Viewer Growth vertical, overseeing the work of at least 1-2 other designers
• Partner with product and engineering to identify requirements, use cases, and user journeys.
• Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
• Use data collected from research, user testing, and market analysis to create truly user-centered designs
• Collaborate with a design manager, product manager, and cross-team peers throughout the product development life-cycle to iterate on and deliver a user experience that meets the highest quality bar
• Act as a quality control on the team and make sure documentations are in top shape before delivering to engineers and QAs
• Use a variety of metrics to analyze and continuously improve the user experience
• Mentor and provide design directions for senior, mid-level designers and associate designers
• Exercise ethical decision-making and do what's best for our viewers
• Be the voice in the room that always puts the user first
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvnwe-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.