The Walt Disney Company's Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is a new, global business segment for The Walt Disney Company with the mission of providing consumers around the world access to the content they want most, on the latest platforms, at a time of rapidly-evolving consumer habits. Combining the Company's direct-to-consumer streaming services - ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu - alongside Disney's international media businesses, DMED aligns cutting-edge technology with world-class content and beloved brands to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver highly-personalized entertainment experiences to diverse consumers around the world.
The Disney Streaming International Marketing team is responsible for ensuring creative campaigns are adapted for regional territories around the world. Our team develops and executes global campaign strategies, centralizes market operations and asset management, and oversees the production and design of localized deliverables. We are uniquely positioned at the intersection of the Disney+ ecosystem supporting brand, content, and creative marketing efforts. We ensure our commitment to world-class storytelling and best-in-class quality standards are globally aligned across 140+ countries and over 35 languages.
The Lead Localization Designer is responsible for running the day-to-day operations of the Localization Design team. The ideal candidate is a highly effective and experienced creative design leader who can elevate our global creative assets while ensuring Disney's industry-leading brand standards are maintained. Additionally, this role will work on high-profile titles and franchise IP which requires strong design sensibilities and advanced creative management skills to rapidly assess, prioritize, and assign–and often re-assign–projects between agencies and our internal design team based on urgency, timing, and complexity.
This is an EXCEPTIONALLY CHALLENGING and EQUALLY REWARDING role for the right candidate, thus, we're looking for someone who will… keep projects on target by motivating teammates, partners, and stakeholders amid frequently shifting timelines and priorities; intuitively and instinctively anticipate and avoid barriers, without dwelling on the occasional stumble; navigate aggressive deadlines and ambitious expectations without over-promising, committing to undefined or unrealistic requests, arbitrarily pushing back, or simply saying ''no,'' ''we can't,'' ''that's not our job,'' etc.; take the time to understand and master complex workflows, then simplify and improve them for others; influence positive outcomes by being a champion and advocate for our team; genuinely enjoy making magic.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
Primary – 75%
• Designing assets and providing creative direction to the Localization Design team and our partners
• Managing, mentoring, and developing a team of creative professionals by providing feedback, guidance, and growth opportunities
• Maintaining current subject matter expertise in global graphic design trends, international typography, and our corporate brands
• Implementing high-level workflow solutions and processes to manage Static Artwork and Motion Graphics localization
• Overseeing the rapid expansion of global creative deliverable our production pipeline
• Approving assets per our corporate, brand, and creative standards
• Leading a high-volume, fast-paced International Creative business that requires:
• Assigning creative projects to designers and agencies
• Managing schedules and ensuring on-time deliveries
• Updating stakeholders on project status, risks, and health
• Tracking and reporting KPIs to managers and executives
Secondary – 25%
• Creating presentation decks and visual aids for executive reports
• Leading and attending meetings with various stakeholders
• Enforcing Localization Design timelines and standards
• Developing and documenting workflow efficiencies
• Additional duties and projects as assigned
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
• 6+ years of experience in a creative design or design production role
• 2-3 years of experience in a senior or team lead role in a high-volume environment
• A professional portfolio that demonstrates creative problem-solving and individual contributions to design projects
• Intermediate understanding of international design trends and global best practices
• Intermediate Graphic Design expertise in Motion Graphics, Branding, Typography, 3D Rendering, Image Retouching, and Digital Illustration (custom lettering)
• Basic knowledge of video editing software
• Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple executive priorities simultaneously
• Ability to create and deliver presentations that effectively communicate solutions and open items for partners and leadership
• Meticulous attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills
• Highly effective and collaborative communicator that can lead through influence rather than by hierarchy
• A positive outlook when the going gets tough
• No ego - we critique work, not individuals
• General knowledge of Disney's streaming platforms, brands, franchises, and IP; including our STAR/General Entertainment offerings… we'll need to know your fave characters and the last show you binged!
• BS/BA/BFA or equivalent experience
• Project Management Certification, preferably in the design and technology fields
• Advanced understanding of international design trends and global best practices
• Advanced Graphic Design expertise in Motion Graphics, Branding, Typography, 3D Rendering, Image Retouching, and Digital Illustration (custom lettering)
• Intermediate knowledge of video editing software
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company's international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r70686-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.