Our Data and Analytics team for Disney Streaming Services (DSS), a segment under the Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology (DE&ET) is looking for a Lead Data Engineer. Data is essential for all our decision-making needs whether it's related to product design, measuring advertising effectiveness, helping users discover new content or building new businesses in emerging markets.
This data is deeply valuable and gives us insights into how we can continue improving our service for our users, advertisers and our content partners. Our Engagement and Retention Data Engineering team is seeking a highly motivated Data Engineer with a strong technical background and passionate about diving deeper into Big Data to develop state of the art Data Solutions.
What You'll Do
• Contribute to the design and growth of our Data Products and Data Warehouses around Engagement and Retention Analytics and Data Science
• Design and develop scalable data warehousing solutions, building ETL pipelines in Big Data environments (cloud, on-prem, hybrid)
• Our tech stack includes Hadoop, AWS, Snowflake, Spark and Airflow and languages include Python, Scala
• Help architect data solutions/frameworks and define data models for the underlying data warehouse and data marts
• Collaborate with Data Product Managers, Data Architects and Data Engineers to design, implement, and deliver successful data solutions
• Maintain detailed documentation of your work and changes to support data quality and data governance
• Ensure high operational efficiency and quality of your solutions to meet SLAs and support commitment to our customers (Data Science, Data Analytics teams)
• Be an active participant and advocate of agile/scrum practice to ensure health and process improvements for your team
• At least 7 years of data engineering experience developing large data pipelines
• Strong SQL skills and ability to create queries to extract data and build performant datasets
• Hands-on experience with distributed systems such as Spark, Hadoop (HDFS, Hive, Presto, PySpark) to query and process data
• Strong programming skills in Python, Java/Scala
• Experience with at least one major MPP or cloud database technology (Snowflake, Redshift, Big Query)
• Solid experience with data integration toolsets (i.e Airflow) and writing and maintaining Data Pipelines
• Strong in Data Modeling techniques and Data Warehousing standard methodologies and practices
• Familiar with Scrum and Agile methodologies
• You are a problem solver with strong attention to detail and excellent analytical and communication skills
• Nice to have experience with Cloud technologies like AWS (S3, EMR, EC2)
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
The hiring range for this position in California is $149,240 - $200,200 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjyqy2-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.